Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v West Indies - 2nd Test - Trent Bridge

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Indies have won the toss and will bat first.

England unchanged from the winning side at Lords. West Indies have brought in offspinner Shane Shillingford and Ravi Rampaul.

England Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Ian Bell, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Graeme Swann, 11 James Anderson

West Indies Adrian Barath, 2 Kieran Powell, 3 Kirk Edwards, 4 Darren Bravo, 5 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 6 Marlon Samuels, 7 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 8 Darren Sammy (capt), 9 Kemar Roach, 10 Ravi Rampaul, 11 Shane Shillingford

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If we can bowl them out today we'll destroy them. KP has got something to prove after his rant at Nick Knight so they'll need to bowl well at him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I missed all this can someone summarise what the spat was all about?

Knight questioned KP's place in the one day team. They don't get on anyway as Knight has said a few things in the past but this time KP had a proper pop.

Knight questioned KP's place in the one day team. They don't get on anyway as Knight has said a few things in the past but this time KP had a proper pop.

I don't really get it, a complete non-event.

Pietersen said "Can somebody please tell me how Nick Knight has worked his way into the commentary box for the Tests?? Ridiculous."

So what? Pietersen doesn't like Knight. Who gives a monkeys? I find the fact that KP was fined for this comment completely mystifying, I think it just shows how enthralled Sky have the ECB.

On a different matter, I would have played Finn ahead of Bresnan - I think you have to keep Finn interested and believing that he's worthy of selection, and if that means giving him one or two Tests a summer they should be at favourable grounds against the weaker opposition, IMHO.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Sat on 6th floor of office block, by window, overlooking ground. Marvellous. No stream tho

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone recommend an Android App for the cricket scores ? I find the ECB App does not cover county scores and Criciinfo only covers current innings scores and won't show match scorecards.... very annoying !

Anyone recommend an Android App for the cricket scores ? I find the ECB App does not cover county scores and Criciinfo only covers current innings scores and won't show match scorecards.... very annoying !

Err, the cricinfo one does show scorecards, at least on my phone. Go to the 'live' score, and then turn your phone sideways to get the scorecard, including an option at the top to select team and innings.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I agree about the KP v Knight thing being a non-story.

To fine him when they didn't punish any of the petulant onfield actions of Dernbach, Finn and Broad last year's a bit odd.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Err, the cricinfo one does show scorecards, at least on my phone. Go to the 'live' score, and then turn your phone sideways to get the scorecard, including an option at the top to select team and innings.

Cricinfo only shows the current innings and bowling figures, it won't let you view score cards for previous innings. Ergo, day 4 of a county game and its impossible to work out the Target for the team batting fourth.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
And I would have Bresnan and Onions over Finn anyday, i'm still not convince by him

Cricinfo only shows the current innings and bowling figures, it won't let you view score cards for previous innings. Ergo, day 4 of a county game and its impossible to work out the Target for the team batting fourth.

What phone is it? On mine going 'menu' 'county' takes you to a list of all ongoing games (including first innings scores). Picking a game then takes you to the 'live' page, and turning the phone sideways gives the scorecard for the current innings, with a choice of the two teams at the top and a choice of the two innings just below. Changing any of these options will give the scorecard for the relevant innings.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
42/3 Bye Bravo

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

The ECB app shows all the county games for me?

Edit. Have you got it selected to show? i.e.Go to the Settings, scroll right to "My Competitions" and make sure all the ones you want are ticked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here