Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v West Indies 1st Test

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
i want an eng win that if it aint rained off

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
weather should be fine for todays play (not loooked beyond today yet), looking forward to seeing the new chaps in action and I HOPE they do really well, as its about time the constant regulars who underperform for England get a swift kick up the arse and told not to come back for the Ashes!

this is the warm up for the ashes I cant see 100% commitment knowing that injuries might occur and force them out for THE important series of the summer,its a very inexperienced bowling attack and as was seen in the carribean the west indies are no slouches with the bat any more and are more then capable of beating anyone,the only upside is that they are not the west indies of greenidge,richards,marshall and garner who would have no doubt blown the england team away :-(

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
this is the warm up for the ashes I cant see 100% commitment knowing that injuries might occur and force them out for THE important series of the summer,its a very inexperienced bowling attack and as was seen in the carribean the west indies are no slouches with the bat any more and are more then capable of beating anyone,the only upside is that they are not the west indies of greenidge,richards,marshall and garner who would have no doubt blown the england team away :-(

Well, aren't we a font of happiness and light today :ohmy:

I think that's an overly negative perspective. The Windies will struggle more here than they did at home for two key reasons;

1) the majority of the side do not much have much experience of English conditions
2) the pitches here will (surely) not be as flat as the Windies ones were; as soon as they'd taken a 1-0 lead the wickets were flattened and the Windies played particularly negative cricket.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We should be able to beat them easily in english conditions. They have been bowled out for 146, 203 and 179 by Essex and England Lions so far on this tour. Hardly top form especially considering the Essex side will have been made up of mostly fringe players.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Indies won the toss and will field.

Captain Strauss confirmed that he would also have inserted.

Could be a lively morning for the England batters!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
AJ Strauss, AN Cook, RS Bopara, KP Pietersen, PD Collingwood, MJ Prior, TT Bresnan, SCJ Broad, JM Anderson, GP Swann, G Onions

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
_42669961_out_44x44.gif
After a watchful start... Strauss goes slashing at a short and wide-ish one from Taylor and is caught by Ramdin at short extra for 16.

England 28-1

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Listening live online now.
Why is it that when England play at home TMS is available online, but if they play away it is not available? Idon't get it the BBC still broadcast it in England home or away.:shrug:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Teriffic first session of the summer, something to build on.

f***ing come on boys!

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here