Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Ukraine

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's 5 or so hours to kick-off and nobody's talking about the match tonight.

Does this reflect a feeling that nobody actually cares that much because Sven, Beckham and the FA are a bunch of wankers?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hard to be bothered really. Zzzz. Will probably be 1-1 and dull and with 38 substitutions. A few Geordies booing Kieron Dyer is about all there is to get worked up about.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would had been a tad more excited if he'd picked Gareth Barry, Jermaine Pennant and Carlton Cole.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Sven cannot use more than 6 substitutes tonight, so hopefully not the usual free for all to get on the pitch!

Just paid for our trip to Austria and Poland so decided against this one due to funds and lack of holiday left at work!

Mr Blobby

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Bit of a Euro 2004 hangover really. When someone mentions England vs Ukraine I just think, what's the point?

Looking forward to seeing Wright-Phillips though.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Totally agree about the Euro 2004 hangover,

they way I feel at the mo ,i couldnt give a shit if we didnt qualify for world cup 2006.

I'm interested to see how Smith does up front with Owen.... I said all along he should have gone to E2004 and would have been interesting if he'd came on instead of Vassell when Rooney got injured versus Portugal. Looking forward to see how Wright-Phillips and Defoe do as well after the break.

See, plenty to get excited about :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I understand that Sven has reiterated Beckham will still be taking the penalties. Great...

Ideally, we'll win but Beckham will have another penalty saved, so Sven can do the right thing and swap before the big matches.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Only 12 subs tonight - not exciting enough for me. Prefer to see a bigger merry-go-round of players

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The midfield certainly does look a bit dull without Scholesy. It's a bit of a shame that Wright Phillips is not getting a start. I'd have played him out wide and Beckham in the middle with Gerrard and Lampard switching out on the left.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
to be honset , im just getting fed up with the whole supporting England thing.

Idiots down the pubs, who know nothing about football

English media knocking the team every 5 minutes

F.A scandles

plus the fact there is far too many foriegers playing in england
denying good younger players to come through.

say all that.........you,ll prob see me wrapped in my england flag in a pub with a copy of The sun under my arm in summer 2006!
:lol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
to be honset , im just getting fed up with the whole supporting England thing.

Idiots down the pubs, who know nothing about football

English media knocking the team every 5 minutes

F.A scandles

plus the fact there is far too many foriegers playing in england
denying good younger players to come through.

say all that.........you,ll prob see me wrapped in my england flag in a pub with a copy of The sun under my arm in summer 2006!
:lol:

Try going and watching them, an entirely different experience, atmosphere wise far better than the Albion at the moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
atmosphere wise far better than the Albion at the moment.
I've been in dentist waiting rooms with more atmosphere than the Albion, so thats not saying much ;)

What really grinds my crank is how everyone in the England camp carries on pretending everything is fine and dandy. No problems here, no sir-ee.

England fail miserably (again) at a major tournament, but Eriksson will stick to the same cautious tactics. Beckham has missed his last 3 penalties for England, but he'll still take the pens. Gerrard is one of the most dynamic central midfielders in Europe, but Sven will still stick him out on the left. England are crying out to field a settled team and formation in preperation for the upcoming qualfiers, but Sven will still make six changes during the game.

Everyone will keep up the pretence, the mutual back-slapping will continue ad-infinitum. The players will say what a fabulous coach Sven is, Sven will say how lucky he is to have such a talented group of players. Then when it all goes tits up (again), we can fall back on:

Tiredness
Lack of match fitness
Bad luck
Too hot
Lumpy turf
Doing too many weights (which is the latest in Beckhams unbelievable list of of excuses as to why he has been shite for the last 2 years).

So with the excuses made, we can then get back on with the serious task of everyone saying how great everyone else is, so as to maintain the illusion that this f***ing team will one day achieve something under this softly-spoken knob jocky.

Someone kill me before kickoff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
OK, what would you prefer?

1. Run over
2. Drive by shooting by Dyer
3. Hit on the head by a Beckham penalty
4. Poisioning (only available on match days at Withdean)
:lolol:
The drive-by shooting by Dyer just wouldn't happen. Even if he doesn't total his car before he'd got anywhere near me, the guy couldn't hit a bovines rump with a cello anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we don't win this match it will be media carnage.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Who gives a screw?

Too many shit, but gripping, sports to watch tonight in the Olympics.

Plus of course Olympics on PS2, fantastic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here