Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Jamaica driving

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Going to the England v Jamaica game, has anyone got any suggestions of routes there that avoid the M6, I was thinking of up the M1 and cutting across through Chesterfield.

Any short cuts greatly appreciated

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Go by train

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Give us a clue where it is.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
M1 then A50 across to Stoke then the M6 for the final bit. This cuts out Birmingham which could be busy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd go M25, M40, M42, M6Toll, M6 and start early.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
if you get the M1 and cut accross the penines its a very nice scenic route however not the most rapid of routes-i do believe that there is a very nice pub on route however called the 'cat and fiddle' which will cure any driving-induced parched throat. you get very nie views if its a clear day up there.....

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
oh and also i'd advise you to park if possible away from the ground as traffic before and after the game will be dreadfull-park in south manchester off the oxford road somewhere like rusholme or didsbury and get the very good but service to oxford rd station and from thre there are frequent trains to OT.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Old Trafford, Doug

It's about time they played one up there. Those poor souls can't have seen the national team play for hours.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
butchy said:
oh and also i'd advise you to park if possible away from the ground as traffic before and after the game will be dreadfull-park in south manchester off the oxford road somewhere like rusholme or didsbury and get the very good but service to oxford rd station and from thre there are frequent trains to OT.

Im thinking of parking at Salford Quays. Thanks for your advice though

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
butchy said:

For the Austria game we parked at the cricket ground and it was surprisingly easy getting back onto the motorway afterwards.

May have been luck.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Uncle Buck said:
For the Austria game we parked at the cricket ground and it was surprisingly easy getting back onto the motorway afterwards.

May have been luck.

I'll get up there early enough to check out both venues. Will set off about 8.00. Salford Quays is to the north of the ground, and a ten minute walk away, and is 5 mins from M62/M6. Cheers for the advice though Piers

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
butchy said:
yeah salford quays would be good to park at however get there well before kick-off because it tends to get very congested

Cheers, I should get there about 11.00.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here