Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England to get 'home' end at Wembley

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Now England are established back at the new Wembley Stadium, the push is on to create a fortress-like atmosphere ahead of the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign, which starts later this year.

With this in mind, The FA has designated the lower tier of the west end of the stadium as the ‘home end’ for the match against the USA on Wednesday 28 May. Members of the official supporters club, englandfans, will be encouraged to book their seats in this section of the stadium, which seats some 10,000 supporters.

“Of course, fans can choose to sit where they like, but we feel the time has come to create an area England supporters feel is ‘theirs’, much like a club ground,” says FA Chief Executive Brian Barwick.

“By encouraging our most loyal fans to book seats in a defined area, we hope it will become the part of the ground where the singing and chanting will start – and then radiate around the ground.

“Just like moving to a new house, we’re learning to live at Wembley all the time. We will continue to make improvements to the benefit of fans – and ultimately Fabio Capello and his team.”

Tickets for the USA game go on sale to englandfans members exclusively from midday this Friday 4 April, before going on public sale next Tuesday 8 April.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent news and well done to the F.A for this initiative, having been to all the home games so far at new Wembley I feel it has lacked a bit of atmosphere now the loyal fans hopefully can cheer the boys on to the promised land of South Africa 2010.

:clap2:

Also a word of warning for those of you interested in going to the USA game, this match will sell out so I advise you to get your tickets early.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That'll be shit then - like Withdean, the atmosphere will go to one end of the ground only.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
That'll be shit then - like Withdean, the atmosphere will go to one end of the ground only.

that is true , but like Withdean it's better to have attmosphere in one end than not at all - you put those likely to make sure in seperate areas and it's just silence

its shit , its sad but its true.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like the idea, it shows that someone (not Barwick of course, more likely Brooking) at the FA does understand the nature of being a fan, rather than a corporate hospitality guest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks to the genius Barwick and his cronies, Wembley now has an entire middle tier that is pretty much VACANT for most of the 2nd half of the high profile games, and will actually be all but empty for the upcoming FA Cup semi's. The corporate prawn sandwich brigade are FAR more interested in turning up to stuff their faces and quaff the champers on their little jolly than anything that might be entertaining the oiks on the pitch.

The FA have totally f***ed Wembley. It will never be a "fortress" whilst vast swathes of the stadium are sold to long-term corporates who only turn up when it suits them.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
or

the goons will go in that bit and the real singers can be left to ....sing

like the h , d and e blocks at withdean then

Correction

The goons will go behind the goal.

NOBODY else will sing.

:)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tickets for the USA game are now on general sale, I suggest if you want to go to get your tickets quick as this game will sell out.

I've already got mine in the England fans priority sale.

:thumbsup:

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Thats where I am sitting on wendsday, and the tickets are £40 a go.

Thanks to the genius Barwick and his cronies, Wembley now has an entire middle tier that is pretty much VACANT for most of the 2nd half of the high profile games, and will actually be all but empty for the upcoming FA Cup semi's. The corporate prawn sandwich brigade are FAR more interested in turning up to stuff their faces and quaff the champers on their little jolly than anything that might be entertaining the oiks on the pitch.

The FA have totally f***ed Wembley. It will never be a "fortress" whilst vast swathes of the stadium are sold to long-term corporates who only turn up when it suits them.

That's not barwick's fault - you can lay the blame for that failry and squarely at the door of Adam crozier and his inept term in charge of the the FA.. not forgetting the benign and wise influence of Ken Bates on the borad of WSNL

The FA are facing an urgent need to refinance their Wembley debt after the new national stadium lost £22million in its first year of operation.The stadium had been expected to provide a steady income stream for the FA so the size of the loss, reported by the Daily Telegraph on Friday, is staggering.

On Thursday, FA chairman Lord Triesman outlined to the FA board his plans for refinancing the £433million loan that was taken out to build the £800million stadium. Negotiations with the banks are now expected to start in earnest.

Despite the loss, the FA are to press ahead with a bid for the 2018 World Cup that will cost an estimated £15million

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tickets still available, despite Crodonilson's hype. Amazing!

There is extremely limited availability for this game, I would expect with another week to go it will be another England Wembley sell out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here