Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England players refuse to talk to media

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just when they win the PR war, the bugger it up again.

Felt the Sun went too far today, but why piss the fans off ?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
bet beckham led it! bunch of useless pre madonnas! it comes witht he job and the game :rolleyes:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Once again tonight, Beckham was a waste of space.

Sad but true. He should be dropped for the next game.

:nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Showing solidarity. People do tend to write the team off very quickly nowadays and they've gone away to a very hard place to play and won. They've done their talking.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I strongly suspect Beckham is something to do with the blackout, with Sven. They both got the other side of the press, which they both seem to prefer to court at thier will.

I wonder what the back pages will show tommrow, and will they be generous in any praise? I strongly doubt it.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Can you believe the arrogance of the players? They are playing for OUR country and they won't give an interview because they are upset with a bit of stick in the press??

Overpaid wankers :angry: :angry: :angry:

Y'know they y'know talk y'know bollocks y'know anyway so no great loss :lolol:

I'm sure the papers will be really gutted to have more ammo for Tomorrow !!!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
"And, erm...."......."you know what I mean"......"the lads battled hard"...."all credit to the lads"......etc, etc, bloody etc!!!

Majority of footballer's are thick as pig shit and can't interview for toffee

No great loss their stance, just going to annoy the English public that bit more

Good result mind "fair play to the lads" ;)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It's so churlish! And Gary Neville's more than likely at the heart of it. They're just playing to their stereotypes and the media will make them suffer even more for it tomorrow, that frankly they're stupid enough to deserve - overpaid, self-satisfied, pompous-behaving little brats basically.

The criticism was warranted to a large extent but it was hardly of Turnip proportions was it? The media always represents a lot of fans feelings even if it's not the majority. Moreover at the moment it's nearly 50/50 with England fans on the subject of whether Sven should stay or not, so it's hardly disproportionate critique is it?

Christ will someone return their "dummy" please? And I'm not talking about Phil Neville either......

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I suspect they believe their own publicity and are so disconnected from the fans nowadays that they believe that the general public have the same opinion as the press.

A lot of people were ringing Talksport this afternoon with very, very different view about Sven and the team than the tabloids.

Jimmy Greaves makes the point is his autobiography as he often used to talk to fans after the game.

When he made his England debut he was having a snack at the airport when an FA offical caught him and said..

"GREAVES !, YOU WILL BE FED ON THE PLANE....!!!"

.. how times have changed !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Beckham so pissed off with the News of the World and Sky over his "alledged" affair that he publically slated them ?

.. didn't the Sun just publish an exclusive added two chapters update to his autobiography ?

Sorry, says it all I'm afraid. Can't defend the media but they always do this to "celebrities"

Incidently back to Jimmy Greaves(!), he does make the point the the press used to be much, much more slating about England performances prior to 1966 (even more than now).

I was shocked, I thought it was a modern thing. It isn't

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Great quote by Sir Clive Woodward when the English rugby were threatening to strike a few years back over appearance money, etc. Firstly, he said that any players not at training in the morning would never play for England again, he chucked them out of the hotel they were staying in and made them sort out alternative arrangements, and the best of all, he said "You don't own the shirt, it belongs to the nation" :clap:

The English football players don't realise how lucky they are, and patience is wearing very thin with them at the moment

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
clapham_gull said:
Beckham so pissed off with the News of the World and Sky over his "alledged" affair that he publically slated them ?

.. didn't the Sun just publish an exclusive added two chapters update to his autobiography ?

Sorry, says it all I'm afraid. Can't defend the media but they always do this to "celebrities"

The News of the World breaks the story that Rooney likes to shag prostitutes and yet he signs exclusive contracts with them and The Sun to serialise his and Collette's beautiful lives together :shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
England players are just so f***ing two-faced its untrue.
They fall over themselves to sell serialisations of their tedious autobiographies to the tabloids, or do photoshoots in poncy suits for fashion columns, sign up to "write" exclusive columns, and as long as everyone keeps telling them how wonderful they are, and they keep their snouts in the trough, they're happy as pigs in shit. As soon as some flack starts flying though, they go into a strop and have a big sulk behind the dressing room door.

Bunch of wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here