Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England lose as a nation,because we don't Poyet style.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I won't apologise,but one of the reasons we lose as a nation in European and World cups is that 'we lack skill & touch' we work hard (runaround abit) but lack class and touch we all know that,you only have to go Europe to see how kids left on their own practice. So along comes Gus and tries to 'play it right' and from the 'top' what level of support has he got ? NOTHING. Poyet's style of football is the best chance England as nation has had for 40 years to change they way we play.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I won't apologise,but one of the reasons we lose as a nation in European and World cups is that 'we lack skill & touch' we work hard (runaround abit) but lack class and touch we all know that,you only have to go Europe to see how kids left on their own practice. So along comes Gus and tries to 'play it right' and from the 'top' what level of support has he got ? NOTHING. Poyet's style of football is the best chance England as nation has had for 40 years to change they way we play.

Level of support from where exactly? At least think about what you are trying to tell us before posting?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Really, and do you think we have the players and mentality to play/watch tippy tappy football as a nation? In my opinion, the old fashioned Liverpool style of the 70s and 80s was much more successful. The answer, in my humble opinion, lies in adopting the best of both. We are not hampered by a hot humid climate in this country, and can afford to play at a high tempo for 90 mins.

Really, and do you think we have the players and mentality to play/watch tippy tappy football as a nation? In my opinion, the old fashioned Liverpool style of the 70s and 80s was much more successful. The answer, in my humble opinion, lies in adopting the best of both. We are not hampered by a hot humid climate in this country, and can afford to play at a high tempo for 90 mins.

Liverpool were always playing out from the back during their European glory years.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Yes they did win alot in the 70's and 80's but the rules have changed, when the pressure was on it was pass back to the goalie, time and again,they were the masters of killing the game dead when in front or away in Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here