Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England football kit is ditched after only eight games

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
England's football team have ditched their home kit after wearing it just eight times.

It's the fewest number of times they have ever used new shirts.

Anyone who wants to keep up with the latest design will have to buy the new kit which will be shown off at England's next match, a friendly against the Netherlands on 29 February.

That would mean spending more than £70 for a child's shirt, shorts and socks.

A lot of supporters are angry that they have to spend so much money so often if they want to stay up to date.

The new kit will be worn during this summer's European Championship campaign in Poland and Ukraine.

Money, money, money...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I agree it is a con. When they bought out the last kit it was 'out of cycle', due to the poor World Cup performances associated with the previous kit. The new kit was, however, advertised as England's Euro 2012 kit. They have now decided to bring out another kit for Euro 2012, saying the previous kit was only intended for Euro 2012 qualifiers. Not surprising, but definitely a con.

I don't really like it when clubs change their shirt every single season, but at least a club side use their home kit 20+ times. England changing their home kit every season is simply, in my opinion, a rip off.

I do look forward to seeing the new kit though - I love the 'tailored by umbro' range, but creating another similar design will surely push the loyalty of those fans that chose to buy England shirts.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good, it was a horrible kit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is that the grandad style one. Must admit i did like the wc shirt just not the wankers wearing it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will all the excess stock now end up in JJB at a fiver ?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
who the hell buys a england shirt anymore anyway... we had a debate years ago and about 90% preferred club to country...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't understand why people bother to pay full whack as soon as they come out when the sports shops are going to be BEGGING people to take them when we get knocked out in the Second Round.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
It was the worst England kit ever. Looked like kids pyjamas. And hopefully we will have navy blue shorts next time too.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Let's hope we don't get another grey one

kit03.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
meanwhile how many on here are proposing that Albion should change their away kit after one season instead of two ................. kerching!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here