Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England and this Rio & Terry situation.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
How do you see it panning out ? For me i would go with J/T i don't think he has ever really let England down and is alway's happy to play (and so you should be) never really been a big Rio fan,alway's felt he has a 'chip on his shoulder' maybe that's just me ? :facepalm:

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
Terry for me. Rather have a player that plays regularly as opposed to rio who sometimes doesn't get in the utd team. Add to the fact terry will put his face in the way where as rio is obsessed with his jar jar binks looks

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Terry brings WAY WAY WAY too much negative baggage. Disrupted the camp at the World Cup and has plenty of other history.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Terry brings WAY WAY WAY too much negative baggage. Disrupted the camp at the World Cup and has plenty of other history.

Terry is a great player to have in your team but I suspect otherwise a pain in the ass to have around. Rio is a broken man as far as I am concerned. Fresh meat is required in this area imho.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Neither. We should be building for the future and that will be hard enough without having to deal with all the baggage that comes with Terry and Ferdinand. And part of that baggage is that at international level they are serial failures. People like the French and the Germans look at an England team that contains the likes of Ferdinand and Terry (and a few others) and they know they'll win because they always do.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

This. I'm sure none of the young black players in the squad have any respect for Terry due to the fact he is a racist bastard. I'm also pretty sure that plenty of other players in the team, including Gerrard (the man likely to be named captain) can't stand him.

He's let himself down too many times off the pitch. On the pitch he is only 70% of the player he was 3-4yrs ago which to be honest was never that amazing anyway.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Neither. We should be building for the future and that will be hard enough without having to deal with all the baggage that comes with Terry and Ferdinand. And part of that baggage is that at international level they are serial failures. People like the French and the Germans look at an England team that contains the likes of Ferdinand and Terry (and a few others) and they know they'll win because they always do.

Yup!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
We are not going to win the Euros so if i was Roy Hodgson i'd be looking to get the best young side prepared for the world cup qualifiers ready for Brazil so i'd leave them at home. In fact i wouldn't bother with Gerrard either.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
This. I'm sure none of the young black players in the squad have any respect for Terry due to the fact he is a racist bastard. I'm also pretty sure that plenty of other players in the team, including Gerrard (the man likely to be named captain) can't stand him.

He's let himself down too many times off the pitch. On the pitch he is only 70% of the player he was 3-4yrs ago which to be honest was never that amazing anyway.

Completely agree. Taking Terry (in fact him playing for England ever again) would be a massive retrograde step as it's basically saying to all the young, black players in the squad (of which there are quite a few) that actually, being racist is fine and the FA won't take it seriously.

Terry should never play for England again and Rio should only go to the Euros if he's totally healthy, which going on recent evidence is unlikely.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How do you see it panning out ? For me i would go with J/T i don't think he has ever really let England down and is alway's happy to play (and so you should be) never really been a big Rio fan,alway's felt he has a 'chip on his shoulder' maybe that's just me ? :facepalm:

not just you mate I have never liked him as a person or as a footballer
as for the chip its more like a bloody great rock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here