Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty seats, makes no commercial sense!

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Dear Insider,

I am sure this subject has been done to death but I haven't heard a formal answer yet.

If the crowd on Saturday was 3000 less than capacity, with at least 1500 of those being seats in the away end on a sunny Saturday in August, it begs the following questions:

With so many supporters wanting tickets for Blackpool game but being told we are Sold Out,

1. Does further thought need to be considered re: the away end numbers, as surely expecting 2000+ travelling supporters in October/February is unrealistic, and then could provide further home seats with some segregation?

2. If we were Sold Out the only assumption is that the empty seats, of which there were four in a row next to my daughter in the East Stand, has to be down to STHs not attending for whatever reason, is there not an immediate need to arrange a formal ticket exchange?

Both issues would then result in a greater crowd volume thus an even better atmosphere (if that is possible) and a greater commercial take through the shop, programmes and food/drink.

Happy days!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Yes, we are aware of both these issues - and would like more fans in the stadium. The away issue has been covered on other threads inside the last week; the ticket exchange has too, although some time ago, it is something the club are looking at introducing at some point in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here