Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emcees on film

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I see Ice Cube is on Channel 5 at the minute, doing a family comedy that might differ morally to the NWA cocksucker classic: Just Don't Bite It. He's got a very big face, Ice Cube, not ideal for any-sized screen.
Thinking briefly about the history of rappers-at-da-movies, i think my favourite is LL Cool J. He's a musclebound love machine, but tends to end up as the hapless, but heroic bodyguard/chef in Halloween20 and Deep Blue Sea. I like his range.
And back in the day, i obviously went to see House Party starring the generally talentless Kid'n'Play. A special 10.30am screening at the Odeon for the hip-hop community of Brighton in 1990. There were about 30 of us and we smoked fags in a tearaway fashion and had giant trousers.
And let's not forget the Fat Boys in Disorderlies.

Which mic-holder does well at the cinema for you when he ain't slappin bitches?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Busta Rhymes in Narc.... Everlast in Judgement Night...

NOT Common in Terminator Salvation or Smokin' Aces.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will Smith?

Ice T does/did well in his role on Law and Order, surviving the game and tank girl (well, I liked it)

Snoop Dogg does well at making fun of his own image, on monk today, in starsky and hutch

I like Mos Def in 16 blocks and be kind rewind,

And MTV did a hiphop version of the opera Carmen which featured a few mcs.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Crash%2C_2005%2C_Sandra_Bullock%2C_Jennifer_Esposito%2C_William_Fichtner%2C_Ludacris.jpg

Featuring

ludacris9.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here