Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embrace Doing World Cup Song

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How can anyone be happy about those ponytailed Yank twats doing England's World Cup anthem. Have you never listened to the dreadful 'More Than Words'

;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Huddersfield Huddersfield Huddersfield

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Cheeky Monkey said:
How can anyone be happy about those ponytailed Yank twats doing England's World Cup anthem. Have you never listened to the dreadful 'More Than Words'

;)

Im not happy, Embrace are hardly going to come up with a rallying of the troops affair are they? More likely to get everyone depressed!

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
something like "come back to what you know" or "all you good good people" could be a massive singalong - lets see if they can re-find that type of tune.

other than that they could re-release "hooligan" :p

or just get Chris Martin to write another song for them

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Wozza said:
Well it's got one thing in common with World in Motion - Bernard Sumner and Danny McNamara are MASTERS at signing flat notes.
Do they sing songs for deaf people then?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would burn the hair of EMbrace. Its only that sort of muck which encourages Journey South to exist. Yet another pair of brother without a second of worth. If i were one of those lot, i'd Van Gogh my own head.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I liked Embraces first album great catchy sing along tunes but they've not done it much since then, a few good tunes with a fair amount of dross thrown in. New album is very average.

As mentioned further above if they could recapture the form form their first album they could put out a catchy singalong tune but I somehow doubt it.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Ist LP definitely their best work but Ashes is top tune.
Don't like the new single much though. But let's hear the thing first before we write it off!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
They might as well just re-release Three Lions again - It's the only one that's ever going to be sung at games, and will probably be remembered by most. That said, Vindaloo comes close!

Did you hear anyone singing 'All Together Now' at the Euro's? hardly uplifting was it?

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Withdean Wanderer said:
They might as well just re-release Three Lions again - It's the only one that's ever going to be sung at games, and will probably be remembered by most.

Damn right - my thoughts exactly. It would go to Number One again because everyone knows and loves it. I know Baddiel and Skinner are probably sick of it but how hard would it be to re-write the lyrics. If they gave the profits to charity, surely that's worth doing.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Cheeky Monkey said:

;)

I was about to email the FA to complain about using a "Yank" group. Fortunately I used Google to get some info about them; lucky I did, as they appear to come from the Huddersfield/Leeds area!

Am I missing something?

I will delay my opinion on the song until I have heard it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here