Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott on his way according to carrot crunchers daily

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The carrier pigeon eventually got to Norwich then...with quotes that are nearly a week old and some older

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is only a rehash of an article that I read in another paper possibly The Argus and nothing new or suprising. Being as both are local papers could they be owned by the same company?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In fairness it takes forever to get to Norwich!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He didn't get back to the UK until last night anyway so unlikely to have done anything new unless it was all done over the phone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He didn't get back to the UK until last night anyway so unlikely to have done anything new unless it was all done over the phone.

In the old days, chairmen and managers used to fly out to where players were on holiday and get them to sign up..if they wanted them badly enough.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In the old days, chairmen and managers used to fly out to where players were on holiday and get them to sign up..if they wanted them badly enough.

Though I suppose in those days, players never went any further than Benidorm, so the would-be boss could fly out, ink the contract, and be back in time for Going For Gold.

The likes of Elliot Bennett tend to go a little further afield these days, WAGs in tow, to the various footballer ghettoes springing up around the world.

More to the point, Paul Lambert has probably been on holiday himself hence the lack of progress. Now that Bennett is safely back in Blighty, no doubt things will move on sooner rather than later.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I still get the feeling he is doing the wrong thing. Ok I know it is Prem footy but he surely must see what Brighton are building? Norwich will struggle and he may end up being a bench warmer. I hope I'm wrong because I love the guy. But I would have stuck at the Amex for a year and seen what happened. Perhaps it's just me, I dunno.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
not sure why anyone needs to disturb his holiday

medical booked in for tomorrow so i'm guessing he'll be unveiled tuesday along with bradley johnson who we 'signed' last week but no official announcement yet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good luck to the lad... but I still think it is bad timing for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've kind of come to terms with it now. Buckley + Lua Lua + Hoskins + Noone looks pretty damn fine to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here