Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Truly a class act, we must retain him at all costs!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Elliott Bennett is without a shadow of a doubt our best player and possibly the most complete footballer to grace Withdean's turf in Brighton colours.

Sure, Lua Lua is the box office player, but Bennett plays all across the midfield and his defensively very astute. His covering of Calderon is far more than what you expect from a normal winger and I rate him as a potential £1m+ player.

He won't go this season. He's developing nicely under Our Gus and will continue to provide the ammunition to shoot us into the Championship in time for Falmer.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A new thread is started up about Bennett every single week, and rightly so.

I thought he had a quiet game today by his standards, but he always produces that bit of magic when you really need it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Elliott is everything right about a lower league player, wants to learn and get better and he does week by week.

Sadly though unless perhaps we get promoted he will be destined for far better things however he will be a good sale, wonder what the sell on clause says ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
didn't think it was his best game yesterday but he still had telling parts in both goals. If we don't get promotion this season he will go to bigger and better things which will be a huge shame

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
No finer sight than watching him sprint up that right flank at lightning speed waiting to latch onto a through ball, generally slid in perfectly by Murray or Calde. (never seems to happen in the second half though, only ever recall it happening on the far side nearest the north stand?)

He's goes against all the preconceptions you'd have about pacey, young, lower league wingers though. Heck, he HAS an end product, and we're benefiting from it in practically every game. Think he was 4th or 5th in the L1 assist charts last season, and I can see him doing even better this time round. We'll be doing very well to keep him for the duration of his contract. I'd LOVE to see him go on to get well over 100 appearances for us though, because it'll probably mean we're doing well.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Could he be in the Zamora bracket? In terms of fan favourite, destined for greatness, and just being a great person all around.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
People say he didn't have his best game yesterday but he created so many chances for Barnes! Who remembers that floaty ball over the top in the first half that Barnes hit on the volley? That was a perfectly weighted ball and if that was to Murray, that's in the back of the net and Bennett has ANOTHER assist! His delivery and creativity is fantastic and though he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb anymore (he's not the best of an average bunch anymore, that's why!), he's still playing brilliantly and playing a huge role in our topping the table. Defensively aswell, he never leaves Calderon exposed.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Deffo think he could be our next Zamora.

Unless we get promoted though i can't see us having any chance of holding on to him

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People say he didn't have his best game yesterday but he created so many chances for Barnes! Who remembers that floaty ball over the top in the first half that Barnes hit on the volley? That was a perfectly weighted ball and if that was to Murray, that's in the back of the net and Bennett has ANOTHER assist! His delivery and creativity is fantastic and though he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb anymore (he's not the best of an average bunch anymore, that's why!), he's still playing brilliantly and playing a huge role in our topping the table. Defensively aswell, he never leaves Calderon exposed.

That ball was class. He'd switched to the left for 5 mins and it nearly paid off. Also Barnes did v well to make the run and get on the end of it...

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
More like Peter O'Sullivan than Zamora to my eyes. Sully played 491 games for The Albion, let's hope Elliott does the same. Both very unselfish players.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is much more of a menace when he plays down the right wing rather than in the middle. He should play wider and cut inside to shoot

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That ball was class. He'd switched to the left for 5 mins and it nearly paid off. Also Barnes did v well to make the run and get on the end of it...

Yep, I agree. People were moaning about the finish, but that was a much harder chance than people realise! It was dropping over the head of the centre back, he had to watch it in case it got a deflection on its way through and then hit it on the volley. Difficult chance, and he was unlucky it was well saved. Was that the one where he went for the rebound and was crowded out, and possibly fouled?

We had so many chances in their penalty area I can't keep them all straight, in my mind. :clap2: Unusual problem for us!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep, I agree. People were moaning about the finish, but that was a much harder chance than people realise! It was dropping over the head of the centre back, he had to watch it in case it got a deflection on its way through and then hit it on the volley. Difficult chance, and he was unlucky it was well saved. Was that the one where he went for the rebound and was crowded out, and possibly fouled?

We had so many chances in their penalty area I can't keep them all straight, in my mind. :clap2: Unusual problem for us!

Yep he did well to almost score. Shouldered hard by the defender - seen them given but not a clear cut pen IMO

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A far more complete all round player than I ever expected him to be.

I thought when we signed him we were getting a winger, a beat-the-full-back merchant who'd stick some crosses in. But he can actually play all over the place, his passing is excellent, his shooting ability right up there, and he has a very, very good football brain. Much more than just a winger, which, with all due respect, is more Lua Lua's game.

And seems to get better and better every week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what is all this americanisation of football shite !! assists!!! WTF is an assist?

Its a pass, a cross, a through ball, a chip through, a lay off its not an "assist"

Assist is a term used in Ice Hockey.

We will be having "hall of fame" and " rookie" next

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here