Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett, conspiracy theory..

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I belive that if Bennett really wanted to go, then he would have gone. I dont think Gus or Tony would stand in the way of a player who wanted to leave. I mean what would be the point, it may cause unrest in the camp and the player himself may end up sulking and loseing form. Now Bennett has always come across as a nice level headed lad, there is no billy big potatoes about him. He seemed happy enough on Saturday, running down the line and at the end of the match. Maybe Gus/Tony told him to hand a request in, so they could turn down all offers. Sending a message out, not only to other clubs looking to poach our players. But also some fellow squad members, who may think that they hold the upper hand. This whole episode and the events of the last week or so, has only showed us one thing. Brighton and Hove Albion are no longer a club to be messed with and Tony Bloom and Gus are fully in charge here. Not any individual players. Would not be surprised to see Bennett now take back his request, score tonight, kiss the badge and be here for the next four years, at least!!!!!....Just a thought.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
facepalm.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In which case, why have we now come out and basically said we were close to accepting a bid when the fee got close to a £1m?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"Here Elliott son, I want you to hand in a written transfer, we aren't getting rid of you, but we want the fans to be really pissed off and lose respect in you? Just sign on the dotted line? Thanks our best asset, you understand of course."

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In which case, why have we now come out and basically said we were close to accepting a bid when the fee got close to a £1m?

To be honest, it doesnt really matter what Gus says now does it?..We didnt, he is still here, those are the facts....Just waiting now to see how Bennett plays tonight. If the player himself is pissed off, then he might not be in the right frame of mind to play. If he plays a blinded, then that tells its own story, because he aint going anywhere now untill July at least.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
I belive that if Bennett really wanted to go, then he would have gone. I dont think Gus or Tony would stand in the way of a player who wanted to leave. I mean what would be the point, it may cause unrest in the camp and the player himself may end up sulking and loseing form. Now Bennett has always come across as a nice level headed lad, there is no billy big potatoes about him. He seemed happy enough on Saturday, running down the line and at the end of the match. Maybe Gus/Tony told him to hand a request in, so they could turn down all offers. Sending a message out, not only to other clubs looking to poach our players. But also some fellow squad members, who may think that they hold the upper hand. This whole episode and the events of the last week or so, has only showed us one thing. Brighton and Hove Albion are no longer a club to be messed with and Tony Bloom and Gus are fully in charge here. Not any individual players. Would not be surprised to see Bennett now take back his request, score tonight, kiss the badge and be here for the next four years, at least!!!!!....Just a thought.

Dude...you need to get out more.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Benno's agent must be really pissed off with the thought of all that dosh that won't be coming his way from his split of the signing on fee.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
IMO, we need a "cock of the week" avatar, precisely for posts like these.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Have you posted on the Lord Lucan thread? :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So what is this supposed to show? It reminds me of those colour blind tests I used to fail.

If you squint you're eyes up , you should be able to see a pair of dangly bollocks and a cock when viewed from below with your head on one side. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here