Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electric Shavers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK boys and girls (who indulge) I need some advise as having been a razor man for years I am thinking of going elelctric in the shaving sense (wifey forever moans about razor costs etc).

Can someone advise on good electric razors like how much should I be paying, do they require maintenance and if so how much etc etc.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
My battery powered one is fine, perfectly adequate and gives me a nice, close shave. Might take a bit longer than my Fusion blade but doesn't nick my face.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't get on with them, you can't get a close enough shave.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Boots currently have Braun rotary shavers at half price. Plus 1000 advantage points when you spend over £50. If you visit the advantage machine, print out another voucher for 300 points when you spend over £30. Grand total of 1556 points for the purchase. = £15.56 cashback.
I can't say which shaver it was (it's a present for someone who posts on here and I don't want to completely give the game away, he knows he's getting a shaver but not which one). But at this price, even if he doesn't get along with it and prefers to go back to wet shave, it's not too much to fork out.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That is my concern however I am prepared to be converted

My one, a cheap travel razor from Asda or wherever is fine. Does close shaves and if it misses something the Fusion gets the rest.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That is my concern however I am prepared to be converted

I always find that an interesting perspective, I mantain you get a closer shave with an electric, just like Victor Kiam said, "Closer than a blade, or your money back"

I have used Braun electrics for years, and intendt to continue to do so.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always found electrics fugged my soft complexion up with knicks cuts and sore patches. I'm a Wet til I die .. cleaner and much more satisfying

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK so Braun looks a good bet, any particular models

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
This is my shaver...

http://www.shavers.co.uk/shopping.php?product_id=724

I too find the problem with not having a close enough shave, however, all this changed with this shaver as you have a moisturiser in the back that you eject as you shave, giving the hair less chance to hide away and a cleaner, closer feel !!! :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My grandfather was an MD for Gillette (I believe he took the razor out to NZL), I would never be able to cheat on him and go with an electric.

Why would you need an electric when Gillete provides the best a man can get?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I have only ever used a real razor, and wet shaved ONCE in my entire life.
That was only a few months ago, and I cut myself and made the skin on my neck very red and sore.

This is why I've always used an electric shaver, because my skin is quite sensitive and therefore makes sense. However people are right when they say a real razor gives a closer shave, or at least in my experience anyway.
Doesn't really bother me though, as I often have a beard/stubble. I prefer that look on me to be honest.

My shaver is a cheapo job from Argos. It's actually a grooming kit, so I can trim my beard to different lengths. Cost about £20, I think. It's meant to be the most popular male grooming product in the country! :clap:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't do it Beach Hut, electric razors drag the skin and you'll end up looking even older than your 250 years before the winter's out!!!!!!!:ohmy:

droopy_happy.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is my shaver...

I too find the problem with not having a close enough shave, however, all this changed with this shaver as you have a moisturiser in the back that you eject as you shave, giving the hair less chance to hide away and a cleaner, closer feel !!! :thumbsup:

Interesting so how much does the moisturiser cost and how often do you need to replenish ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've always been a wet shave man....but this....I want.

Philips Philishave HS8060 Coolskin Shaver

Bloody hell - just look what it does for you!!:

Product Features

* Nivea for Men conditioner dispensing system - soup kitchen style?
* Integrated cartridge refill system - no more printer issues!
* Flex tracker system - credit crunch? What credit crunch? The HS8060 has it in hand
* Glide rings - I don't live in Brighton any more, but handy I would have thought near Brighton College
* Washabe - far hotter than horseradish, a yummy bonus
* Wet use - shaving in the shower saves time! - so does not shaving but we'll give them that one
* Automatic conditioner application during shaving - I don't use conditioner after I wash my hair, but if it makes my hair softer and the HS8060 is going to do it anyway, I'd damn well give it a go
* 1.5 hours charging time for 40 minutes shaving time - not sure the math works here
* Quick charge function - so you can buy it with paypal or credit cards?
* Automatic 100-240V worldwide voltage - uses someone elses electric, neat!
* Rechargeable Li-Ion battery - ideal since it's a rechargable shaver
* LED battery status indicators - a bit heavy on the social engineering for my taste, the debate about class goes on (does it come with a John Prescott hologram too?)
* Refill and charge stand - which is nice.

All it fails to do is keep the wife warm and wet while the football on TV finishes - quite a product.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This is my shaver...

I have had one of those for nearly a year. I simply cannot get on with it - the times I have used it, I have needed to use a proper razor afterwards to clean up the bits it wouldn't get. I now haven't used it for over 3 months.

I found even with using the moisturiser my skin was going red and itchy because of the sheer number of times I needed to shave the same area as it saved some hairs and missed others repreatedly.

I guess everybody is different though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here