Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electric shavers

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Right, i've always been a wet shave man, but for christmas i want an electric one, can't decide if i should get a foil one or one with 3 ring thingys- which is better?

no more then £50

ta

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...on the same topic, I want to buy a beard trimmer, fancy growing some face fuzz but want to keep it under control...any suggestions?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
You know you can get banned for hijacking threads?

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Bs- if you're use to wet shaving then you'd need to spend more than £50 on a 'leccy shaver.
That said, the Philips rotary (3head) shavers are about the closest, and the 'floating' heads mean that they adapt to the contours of your face better. But, replacement blades are expensive... making other traditional foil/cutter (braun, for example) shavers cheaper in the long run.

I'd stick to wet shaving.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The cheap ones are no good. There is an Observer offer of a Remington one for £50. I think I will get one as a replacement for the one that broke. Last about five years. A relevation at first, but after awhile they get clogged up, have to be cleaned out etc. Not sure about the spare bits with this one.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I use the philips triple floating head thingy... does a job.. although I dont have a PROPER man beard yet only 18 :lol:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I used to have a relatively cheap electric shaver. It was RUBBISH, and started cutting my skin up after a while. As I dont' fancy spending £300 quid on a good one when that could buy me the best part of a bike, I would much rather have a wet shave.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, cheap electric shavers are nasty; a good way of roughing up your face. I'd steer well clear if I were you.

I've stuck with wet shaving since I was 20 and see no reason to change. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a cut-throat razor - I just need to find a way to keep it out of the kids' hands.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've used Braun foil shavers for 15 years, get a closer shave from them than wet, and never paid more than £40 for one. Takes a bit longer than a wet shave, but the results for me are miles better.

As for beard trimming, I use a cheapo job bought in Boots, works fine.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Haven't used an electric shaver for 20 years or so, wet shave is much better

Last edited:

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Stay away from cheap ones! My Grandad god rest his sole got me a chaep on for xmas and me going from wet to this was ok but I always had a five o,clock shadow. If you did not shave for a few days which I usaly do on weekends then give it a once over on the monday god dam it would hurt felt like it was rippin my face apart!

My advice is get a good one! I'm sticking to wet.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've used Braun foil shavers for 15 years, get a closer shave from them than wet, and never paid more than £40 for one. Takes a bit longer than a wet shave, but the results for me are miles better.

As for beard trimming, I use a cheapo job bought in Boots, works fine.

I use a Braun foil shaver too, never had any problems with it. I admit it isn't quite as smooth as a wet shave but the difference is tiny and saves the hassle.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I use a Braun foil shaver too, never had any problems with it. I admit it isn't quite as smooth as a wet shave but the difference is tiny and saves the hassle.

You are f*** ugly though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bizarrely I have 2 Braun electric shavers I was about to eBay.

Both are boxed and brand new. Selling on behalf of a friend who used to work for Gillette (who own Braun). Let me know if interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here