cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
85th minute winner for Brentford

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59688&page=2

'i have seen him play this year for brighton reserves against bognor and he looked class.. he is quick and strong he bagged a hat-trick for brighton... a good signing'

From todays game post:
'69:12
Foul by Nathan Elder
61:27
Foul by Nathan Elder
45:48
Foul by Nathan Elder
34:51
Foul by Nathan Elder
14:45
Own goal by Nathan Elder' :laugh:

They did seem pretty pleased when he scored though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
not sure any of the people who saw him today will be back from mansfield yet :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Revell played a full 90 minutes as well for Saarfend

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Revell missed an easy sounding header but cleared off the line too.

'Flahavan then made a fine save to keep the lead intact, as he brilliantly tipped Mkandawire's header in the air before Alex Revell cleared off the line, as the ball came back down.

Revell missed a great chance to cap his debut with a goal when found unmarked inside the box from Bailey's left-wing cross, as he headed up and over'

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Of the three players that have left this club recently, Elder will be the biggest hit.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think Elder has a good future ahead if him. From the Brentford site:

Very average performance by Brentford in the first 15-20 minutes, until we conceded from an own goal. Mansfield hit the bar and our defence looked shaky.
AFter that, we took control and started knocking the ball about, but I didn't see our equaliser. We did get chances and Elder kept getting himself into the game to great effect.
Second half, Connell's goal was simply brilliant. The passes involved to create the chance are what made it a truly class goal. Good to see virtually the whole team jump on Connell and what it meant to them. We then went to sleep and sat back a bit, whilst Mansfield pressed forward aimlessly, with only Boulding looking like their only class player.
Again, from my perspective, it was hard to see their equaliser, but we won the game with minutes to spare from a mistake that saw Elder sprint onto the ball with a one on one, and he never looked like missing. He looked decidedly happy with that.
Overall, Mansfield had far too much possession in our half for my liking, with long balls catching out our defence because of the movement of Boulding. Heywood might be a big strong fella, but he did let one of their attackers turn in our box, and he couldn't cope with the movement of Boulding. It tells me that he's ok at this level, but nowhere near good enough against good quality strikers.
We did dominate the game, by and large, but lacked a little urgency at times, but I felt that Mansfield were so poor, we could still win. I'd rate the team performance as 6 out of 10.

Hamer - 6 - Not much to do
Pead - 7 - Few mistakes, solid performance
Heywood - 6 - Looks like he will struggle against the better strikers
Sankofa - 6 - Good in the air, quick, but doesn't read the game that well
Dickson - 7 - As Pead
Shakes - 7 - At times, looks excellent, at times looks lost
O'Connor - 7 - Solid, generally lively and assured
Smith - 7 - Combative and keeps most things simple
Poole - 7 - Had a terrific shot on goal in the first half, generally lively, but faded
Connell - 8 - Good link up play, held it up well, looked for options. Took his goal excellently
Elder - 8 - Slow first half but got himself into the game more and more and looked more dangerous. Won alot in the air, chased defenders down, tried his hardest to impress.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Maybe league 1 was a step to far too early for Nathan, although I'm not saying he got given the best of chances. Sounds like a good start and I hope he does really well.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Looks like Nathan is impressing the Griffin Park Faithful. Well done that man and good luck.

"Can't remember being so pleased for an individual goal scorer than with Elder today, the boy ran himself into the ground and he had every right to enjoy that goal."

"New boy elder's one on one cool finish sealed there fate,very impressed with him"

"Great win. I think we have found our missing link in Elder. He can run (bloody fast too), he can head (both towards the goal and flick ons) and he can finish. Not sure why Brighton wanted shot of him but thats their problem"

"Was impresed with Elder, nobody deserved a goal more than he did, especially after the start he had to the game with getting the final touch on the 1st goal that sent a Hamer-bound flick on into the net. He is big, strong, has pace and is not afraid to put himself about "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here