Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el turo

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Now that El Turo on board and at 6ft 3" , whats the chances we will be playing a long ball game next season ..?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
so its over the top for him to run onto then :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
as long as we churn out results then im happy for the attractive football to be on temporary hold.

This bloke is a gamble , no proven championship strikers in our team . . . . hope it pays off

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dougal said:
as long as we churn out results then im happy for the attractive football to be on temporary hold.

This bloke is a gamble , no proven championship strikers in our team . . . . hope it pays off

Agreed.:lolol:

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
he must have been very impressive on the training ground, for MM to sign him on the evidence of the lewes game would be strange. I have heard though that his touch is great and he can hold up play and bring other players into the game superberbly.

I think it will take him a while to get used to the english game, but expect/hope he will become a good goal scorer or supplier.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
love to see him laying off for CKR and leon

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Only chance of seeing them all on the pitch together is when we are losing and MM throws 3 up front.
But I would quite like to see us play three up front at times. with leon playing just behind CKR and Turo as at the end of last season knight was playing some clever passes into dangerous areas, but sadly trolley and Mcfly were mentally and physically slow to react, completely different levels.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe he's looking at a Kaz and Turo front pairing, with Leon on the wing. If it keeps McCammon out of the side, it gets my vote.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CKR is an out and out striker, he'll be one of the front two. He's not been brought in to play behnid anyone.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can see CKR with either Turo or Jake along side him and Leon on the left.
Id much rather Leon upfront though and we brought in a new left sided player or gave Albert a it more of a run on the left.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Easy 10 said:
CKR is an out and out striker, he'll be one of the front two.

Except he is not, according himself, he's old man, all the Bury message boards, he is an attacking midfielder. We just all called him a striker to pretend we had bought one, but now that we have signed El Turo, we can revert to naming his favoured position as attacking midfielder. (He also started out as a right back)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
excuse my ignorance but exactly what does el toro mean - is it the bull? Or am I talking sh**:dunce:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We all seem (including Mcghee) sure we're going to get him but I can't see how he's going to get a work permit. Even Yakubi had to appeal. Why are we not worried?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
We all seem (including Mcghee) sure we're going to get him but I can't see how he's going to get a work permit. Even Yakubi had to appeal. Why are we not worried?

I don't know anything about work permits but teletext pointed out that he has an EU passport, is that relevant?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here