Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Turi

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So many people on NSC seem to have made their mind up about Turienzo.

He is surely still adapting to English football and has not really had much of a chance to make an impact so far.

He came on vs Stoke late on when the game was virtually over, he has showed glimpses of promise in the reserves and perhaps needs more first team football.

I would rather reserve judgement about him until we have seen more of him.

Football managers are not exepmt from dodgy transfers but I would be happy to trust McGhee on this one. We dont have a lot of cash and I doubt they would gamble so heavily on an "unknown"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
dv-tumbleweed-1.jpg

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I want him to be good I really do but it isn't as if Molango set the world alight when he came here.

Essentially he just didn't make the grade and now even at a lower level I don't hear of him banging in the goals against weaker teams.

I think the worry people have is that it was a lot of money to gamble on a player with no track record who has so far shown little sign of what we're after.

Having bought CKR as one for the future, was it really wise to spend so much cash on another player who was never likely to be ready for first team football in any hurry? I don't think there was anyone could argue that what we were missing first and foremost was a goalscorer, it's just a shame that every other club in the league could do with one or two more too.

If only we could have used the Coca-Cola money as part payment for a player, adding it to what we already had in the kitty from before. A £400,000 striker sounds far more promising doesn't it? But there's still nothing to suggest we'd have found one

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Having bought CKR as one for the future, was it really wise to spend so much cash on another player who was never likely to be ready for first team football in any hurry? I don't think there was anyone could argue that what we were missing first and foremost was a goalscorer, it's just a shame that every other club in the league could do with one or two more too.

If only we could have used the Coca-Cola money as part payment for a player, adding it to what we already had in the kitty from before. A £400,000 striker sounds far more promising doesn't it? But there's still nothing to suggest we'd have found one [/B][/QUOTE]

This is the problem, we can't afford to have one for the future, we need players for this season, not next. The Coke cash should have been spent on a 15 goal a season journeyman who would have kept us in this league

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
El turi will come good and then everyone will be raving about what a great signing this was

AND YOU WILL ALL HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!!!!!

.......uncrosses fingers and puts lucky heather away:jester:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
KinkyGoebels said:
Or paul hayes he was on a fee

Chill out folks. McGhee knows what's best.

:)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
trueblue said:
Paul "4 goals in 16 league appearances in League One" Hayes. He'd have been a fantastic buy. :eek:

blimey, only 2 more than kazim-ricahrds has got and he is at a lower level

E

enigma

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Barry Hayles of course

I'd rather take a chance on youth than invest in a player with no re-sell value and higher wages.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I've hated El Turi since long before I ever heard of him! I'm not going to give him a chance now!!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
trueblue said:
Paul "4 goals in 16 league appearances in League One" Hayes. He'd have been a fantastic buy. :eek:

That would suit KG fine, what with his obsession with Leon and his 3 goals in 19 games! :nono:

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
Give El Turi a chance, what have we got to lose. We've paid good money for him, are desperate for more goals and it's only fair on the fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here