Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd's injury.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Saw him hobbling through Churchill Square today, any idea's how long he is out for? Will he be fit for pre-season and more importantly the start of the season?

:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saw him hobbling through Churchill Square today, any idea's how long he is out for? Will he be fit for pre-season and more importantly the start of the season?

No idea but is that an injured smilie?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He might have to fight his way back into the side with Gus aiming to strengthen the defence.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
They are still undecded as to wether or not he needs an operation, He is due to fly back out for a second visit to the Dr Gus has recomended but he will defently be missing the start of the season and I beleive aiming to be fit by Christmas, yes not a wind up Christmas!!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't really think he is up to championship standard so s long as Gus brings a couple in for that position no great loss.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can see this being the end of the line for El-Abd to be honest. I appreciate he was ruddy superb last season but if he is out til christmas Gus will have definately brought someone else in. Presuming everything is going along steadily I can't see him getting back in the team! It would be sad but that's how I can see it going. I will probably be completeyl wrong however :D

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Because I am not some sort of stalker chasing players if I see them?

He looked like he was struggling enough on his crutches without needing me to bombard him with questions, he was with some really fit woman aswell.

His missus is a stunner by all accounts. Lucky sod.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

You should have started a "guess who I saw today in Churchill Square" thread.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've heard he is out until at least October, and the fit woman you saw him with will be his wife on saturday

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
May just be me but the El-Abd injury was baffling. I go on here a fair bit and check the Argus and Seagulls site daily but I had no idea El-Abd was injured (let alone on Crutches) until I saw he wasn't warming up at the Hudds game and then hobbled out to collect his award...?! May have just been me but didn't see anything on here about it till after the Hudds match!

I assume the injury was in training...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
May just be me but the El-Abd injury was baffling. I go on here a fair bit and check the Argus and Seagulls site daily but I had no idea El-Abd was injured (let alone on Crutches) until I saw he wasn't warming up at the Hudds game and then hobbled out to collect his award...?! May have just been me but didn't see anything on here about it till after the Hudds match!

I assume the injury was in training...

No, he broke his foot during the Sheff Wed game but carried on playing for a couple of weeks. Then he said he was feeling some pain, and it was investigated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
His stag weekend and honeymoon were both cancelled, thanks to the injury.

My nephew was gutted, he had loads planned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here