Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd..............

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
respect, last week i absolutely slated him, so i am just eating large slices of humble pie, he was man of the match, this week thought he was awesome. He looks comfortable in mid field, great distribution, good tackling, strong in the air, if Wilkins ever puts him in defence he needs shooting

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was pleasantly surprised by how neat and tidy Adam was on Saturday. I don't think there has ever been any doubt about his defensive qualities, just a large one about his passing. He kept everything simple and worked well with Thomson, it'll be interesting to see if that continues.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Played OK.

Crewe however had five out, are rubbish anyway and played one up front.

Not exactly a TOUGH game for a defensive midfield player...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly Mr Orange.

Come on Ritchie he had a good solid game. Can only beat who is put in front of you etc etc.

The BEST thing about El Abd in Midfield is that he has free reign to put it about a bit and also that when he does his one f*** up a match it wont leave us exposed because he has th defence behind him.

But I do like El Abd in midfield, he struck up a good partnership with Bertin I thought last year.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What was noticed on Saturday was Butters and Elphick made the defence look complete, and complemented one another. When El-Abd is in the defence both or one of the previously mentioned players seem to have to cover for him.

I would like to see El Abd play more in midfeild, or Fraser. One playing, the other on the bench, with Cox and Robinson on the wings.

el-Abd is excellent in defence as well as midfield, and this stuff about people "having to cover for him" I can't see at all. MOST of the time he's the last line in defence, so the only person "covering for him" would be Kuipers. Thus almost every goal ever scored against us has been 'AeA's fault' or something.

I agree that he will, eventually become our midfield General - but I've been saying that for some time. Of course, the people who have been ridiculing me for it for so long will take years to admit they didn't know what they were talking about, and will obviously say "he USED to be shit and has had a complete revelation".

Well, he's been good for a long time, but it's been fashionable to berate el-Abd every time we drop a point.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
El Abd was excellant and deserves praise. He can play competantly (most the time) across the back four and in midfield , very handy to have a player like that.

As also mentioned , Butters was solid on sat , nothing got through him, there was one comical moment in front of the dugout when he was beaten for pace and he gave up but defensively he was a rock on saturday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
El-Abd played well on Saturday... for me, the first time he has done so in midfield... put himself about, kept it simple when passing... he has also improved as a central defender after making frequent mistakes in that latter position earlier in the season... all credit to him...

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
he played well but take in that crewe were awful and dont think he will have more time on the ball all season

Considering he has played umpteen different positions this season I thought he had an excellent game alongside Thomson.

Good tackling and passing and contributed a lot to the allround quality of the team.

Having said that he needed to make up for Tuesday where his marking was atrocious.

Keep up the good work Adam :clap::clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
El-Abd played well on Saturday... for me, the first time he has done so in midfield... put himself about, kept it simple when passing... he has also improved as a central defender after making frequent mistakes in that latter position earlier in the season... all credit to him...
Last season, when we had a good run of six games unbeaten, including Huddersfield and Bradford wins away, El Abd played in midfield.

Zed Seagull

el-Abd is excellent in defence as well as midfield, and this stuff about people "having to cover for him" I can't see at all. MOST of the time he's the last line in defence, so the only person "covering for him" would be Kuipers. Thus almost every goal ever scored against us has been 'AeA's fault' or something.

I agree that he will, eventually become our midfield General - but I've been saying that for some time. Of course, the people who have been ridiculing me for it for so long will take years to admit they didn't know what they were talking about, and will obviously say "he USED to be shit and has had a complete revelation".

Well, he's been good for a long time, but it's been fashionable to berate el-Abd every time we drop a point.

I canna fuckin believe this but for once, and only once mind, i totally agree with you.

Im awa for a ly doon!! :rant::rant::blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here