Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd Injury News

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Adam El-Abd faces up to three weeks on the sidelines after being stretchered off with a nasty leg injury at the New Den last night.

Albion's midfield maestro stayed overnight in Black Heath Hospital where he was given stitches for a deep gash to his calf. He will receive more treatment tomorrow before being released on Friday.

Speaking from his hospital bed, El-Abd told seagulls.co.uk, "I went to block a shot and Gavin Grant came down on it. It was nothing malicious. It was an innocuous challenge.

"I made the challenge then tried to get up as the ball was loose in the centre of the box. As I stood up I noticed my calf was streaming with blood. I grabbed it to stop it bleeding and a big chunk of flesh came away.

"Last night I had a local anesthetic and had the wound cleaned out and stitched. Luckily it's a clean cut. They've left the exterior open, but it looks a lot worse than it is and feels.

"I went to hospital and as they were cleaning it and stitching the wound, it looked horrendous, but it was much worse than it felt - but just looking at it made me go a little bit queasy.

"I am having the exterior stitched up tomorrow under general anesthetic and I should be out Friday. It will take two weeks for the cut to heel, but I should be able to keep my fitness up in the gym."

Meanwhile Guy Butters picked up a calf injury before being sent off last night. The veteran defender would have missed Saturday's FA Cup clash with Stafford through suspension anyway, but will now receive intensive treatment in a bid to get him fit for the visit of Swansea next Tuesday.

Richard Carpenter and George Santos have both trained fully all week without any problem.

Charlie Oatway is due to go into hospital next Monday to have the metal plate removed from his ankle, at which point the final stage of his rehabilitation can begin.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Be interesting to see if Fraser gets a chance in the middle.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We'll miss him. Still at least it's not as bad as first feared. Good to see things looking up for Charlie as well.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Ringo said:
I thought he was very poor against Millwall.

Full of energy though, Ringo. Late in the game when our main tactic seemed (rightly) to be to use the pace in the team to get at them on the break, he was one of the players up with play, overlapping the man in possession, looking to give options.

I like him - he's one of those footballers though that I suspect will be more appreciated by his teammates than by the fans for his entire career.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Les Biehn said:
Be interesting to see if Fraser gets a chance in the middle.

He might be half useful there - runs around a lot, gets his tackles. Hasn't really got much of a physical presence though.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Techno said:
"Richard Carpenter has trained fully all week without any trouble"

Back in the squad for saturday??

Would think so.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the last thing Chippy needs is being rushed back again.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
to be honest i dont think its a great idea putting chippie back in the middle with hammond, they dont play well enough together, like stevie g and frank lampard...only on a lesser scale;)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Any news on Hart?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Techno said:
"Richard Carpenter has trained fully all week without any trouble"

Back in the squad for saturday??

i hope not:(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lynch to midfield, Mayo to left back. Sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here