Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd 250th game/appreciation thread

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I notice on the BBC website that should Adam be selected it will be his 250th game for the Albion.

Great servant to the club and has to go down as the most improved player under Poyet. Deserves a little appreciation thread I say!

Thank you for your efforts and here’s to the next 250.

a9_1B_666x450_1445115a.jpgAdam-El-Abd-Portrait-03AUG11-bd-0544.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
[yt]ynjIoymWHvU[/yt]

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Love AEA. Can't wait for the cheer and applause when the line up's announced just before kick off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do hope Dave Kitson gets a run out for Pompey on Saturday.

Partly because it means they'll have to find money to pay him an appearance fee on top of his £20k per week salary, but also because I did enjoy his performance against El Abd at Withdean last season
:lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He did have some moments of magic when he was still a bit rubbish, I remember when he smashed one in from about 30 yards against Gillingham a few years back. I was sat behind the goal in the East Stand and was ready to duck when he lined himself up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I miss his Movember effort :love:

0,,10433~10248642,00.gif

It has to be said, combined with his shaven head, that was one of the campest things ever seen at a football match.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Legend in the making IMHO, will always remember him crawling under the table at one of the kids chrimbo parties so he could sign my mrs' wheelchair :bowdown:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Adam El Bad, always been one of my Favourite players, if you want to trawl through years of threads, you would of found Les Beihn and I loving how Double hard he was.

Love he even more so he is actually Different Gear. hopefully another clean sheet tonight for his 250 app.

does anybody remember him almost going on loan to Hearts way back when?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for that, Leigull :lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
My fondest memory was early last season when he stopped to head a ball out of play, took an almighty kick in the face and just laughed it off!

Adam El-Abd - Man of Steel

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'd forgotten all about that. When you see some unspeakably odious little shit like Luis Suarez rolling around clutching his shin in agony after another player has brushed against his foot, it makes you realise how NAILS El Abd is. Suarez would probably have passed out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here