Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL / Carabao Cup Third Round 24-25/9/24

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Already qualified: Albion, Spurs, Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford, Southampton, Preston, Palace, Man Utd

The fourth round draw will take place upon the conclusion of the Liverpool v West Ham tie.

Tuesday 24th September​

Chelsea v Barrow (19:45)
Manchester City v Watford (19:45)
Walsall v Leicester City (19:45)
Wycombe Wanderers v Aston Villa (20:00)

Wednesday 25th September​

Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers (19:45)
Liverpool v West Ham United (20:00)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we can get to the Quarter Final it will be the first time in 45 years ! Can we have a straight forward (if that is ever possible) home tie ?*

*It'll be away at Manchester City won't it ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Am I correct in saying that Chelsea got a home draw in every single round in both cups last season?
They start this season at home to Barrow, seriously? Corruption? Nah course not.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Worth mentioning Wimbledon V Newcastle has been reversed and is being played at St James' Park on 1st October due to the flooding at the Cherry Red Records Stadium.
It's a bit more than flooding to be fair, there is a dirty great hole in the pitch!!! I'd imagine that their stadium will be closed for some time whilst they repair the pitch and check the stability of the ground under the foundations of the stands.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worth mentioning Wimbledon V Newcastle has been reversed and is being played at St James' Park on 1st October due to the flooding at the Cherry Red Records Stadium.
That's a massive spoiler for my thread this time next week.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Am I correct in saying that Chelsea got a home draw in every single round in both cups last season?
They start this season at home to Barrow, seriously? Corruption? Nah course not.
Don't start that heated balls thing again. 2022-23 Chelsea were dumped out of both cups away at Manchester City.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought Charlton was the quarter final?
Alas no. The last quarter final was 1979 at Forest. Some folk saw it... others listened on the train.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Alas no. The last quarter final was 1979 at Forest. Some folk saw it... others listened on the train.
FFS. I take it all back Solly!!! I thought that had cost us a SF place!! I remember RDZ being furious after that match, I was rather drunk that night though!!! Charlton is a very good away, up there with Fulham for me.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
FFS. I take it all back Solly!!! I thought that had cost us a SF place!! I remember RDZ being furious after that match, I was rather drunk that night though!!! Charlton is a very good away, up there with Fulham for me.
If you were so drunk you didn't know what round we were in then I'll have what you had for Chelsea this weekend.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Little quiz question. When was the last time Albion were beaten by the same team in both cups in the same season ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
If you were so drunk you didn't know what round we were in then I'll have what you had for Chelsea this weekend.
The thing is I instantly lose interest in a competition as soon as we exit it, I've been like this since we were promoted, as I've gone from being fairly 'whatever' about most established EPL teams to f***ing hating most of them!!! I don't think I've watched a domestic cup final in about 5 years now.

It was probably Guinness that night though, I do remember a ticket FIASCO that night but not much else!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here