Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Edinburgh

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What do you think?! What are you looking for...?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
bhafc99 said:
What do you think?! What are you looking for...?

Bestman ahs touted it as a poss stag venue for a weekend?

Basically some good pubs for daytime beers, Then the usual evening bars. for a group of 10 late twenties lads.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Excellent place.
You can go and watch the best team in Scotland,HIBES!!
Being serious for a moment though.
If you want a great football pub any time of day go and visit the CABBAGE & RIBS!
About five minutes or so from Easter Road just off Leith Walk.
Really nice place,with everything Hibs wonderfully done.
DAVE R

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...err, make that go and watch the Jam Tarts!!!

Go to the Caley Sample rooms for excellent beer, in Hearts territory!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I've only been during the Fringe Festival but at that time of year its always been fantastic. Worlds End pub is a great place. Bar Kohl the vodka bar is pretty cool too. There is a fantastic Mongolian Barbque rather like Brighton's Gengis Kahn's but it serves meat like Zebra, Shark, Ostrich and Wild Boar.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Gully said:
...err, make that go and watch the Jam Tarts!!!

Go to the Caley Sample rooms for excellent beer, in Hearts territory!

My former local and a great bar. Also the Diggers along the road is a great drinkers/football pub.

Embra is stag/hen central these days but is still an excellent night out. Grassmarket/Cowgate probably the best areas during the day and ok at night. George Street is good also especially at night although I wouldn't go there mob-handed. Avoid Rose Street unless you want to fraternise with drunken Geordies of both and indeterminate sex.

Tiger Lilys on George St probably the "in" bar at the moment. Got a decent night club underneath called Lulu.

Lothian Road should also be avoided. Ned/squaddie Capital of Eastern Scotland.

Plenty of lapdancing bars around if you're interested. PM me for details if you want.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Where did you live then Jambo, I lived on Slateford Road, past the brewery and Malones Bakery (good for breakfast at 4am on the way home from town), in a large block overlooking Matalan (believe it used to be B&Q).

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
used to live in a tenement at the bottom of Harrison Road at the junction of Slateford Rd/Angle Park Terrace/Ardmillan Terrace. Spitting distance from the CSR. I know where you were. Matalan building used to be Texas DIY!

The Caley Sample Rooms been done up. Doing more food now but still doing the best Deuchars IPA in the world.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...that is my abiding memory of the Caley, the Deuchars IPA was superb, they also had a beer from Orkney, never seen it anywhere else...reminded me of the long lamented King and Barnes Old Ale. Went into Diggers a few times but found it a little unfriendly, one of those bars where everyone stops drinking and looks at people who walk through the door, maybe I just caught it on a bad night.

I knew that it was a diy store, think Matalan took over just before I moved up there, went in once and it was a scary place.

Oct 25, 2003
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
calm down

just a joke because you said there was loads of south africans and australians

yeah........i'll repeat...what are you f***ing waffling on about now you little prick?

why would aussies and south africans solely live in countries that had hosted a cricket/rugby world cup?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
tommy boy said:
yeah........i'll repeat...what are you f***ing waffling on about now you little prick?

why would aussies and south africans solely live in countries that had hosted a cricket/rugby world cup?

calm down babes, was just a little joke wasnt being serious :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here