Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Edinburgh... tonight... a longshot...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I know it's a long shot, but is there anyone out there who would would fancy a beer or two and would like to / could bear going to see Attila at Bannerman's in Edinburgh tonight ?

I'm stuck in this God forsaken place for work for the next few months - and desperate to see something other than the walls of my hotel bedroom!

Last edited:

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
What time's he on ?

Its a bit short notice, but one or two permanent inhabitants of that 'godforsaken place' :D:D:D might be at a loose end.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm weekly commuting up from Sunny Sussex... and staying in Edinburgh Mon-Thu night... so if anything comes up... give us a shout!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
hello Titanic...!

you got that job then... good news...

hopefully the Edinburgers of NSC will respond to your cry for help - there must be at least one decent pub you could meet up in...

I've just got a job as External Examiner for Napier University so will be joining you for a night in early Dec. :drink:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
That sounds like an awesome job, splitting your time between my two favourite places in the UK: Sussex and Edinburgh. There's a hell of a lot of good stuff up there so I would hope that in a wee while you will have replaced God-forsaken with God-blessed...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well, I'm glad I went... nice chat with AtS before and after... the Joni Mitchell / Katie Melua style protest songs and Attila's uncompromising, but energetic poetry made for an interesting evening... the audience was pretty 'interesting' too... ranging from skinny teenagers of unkempt appearance to several OAP couples.

A couple of quality references to the Albion, Palace and Chelski lightened up the relentless political earbashing!

Not always my political cup of tea, but an oasis in my, so far, rather lonely sodjourn in Auld Reekie.

Thanks AtS.

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
Did think about joining you, but the "stuck in this God forsaken place" makes me want to rather spend my time enjoying Edinburgh with anyone else who appreciates the great city!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Did think about joining you, but the "stuck in this God forsaken place" makes me want to rather spend my time enjoying Edinburgh with anyone else who appreciates the great city!

Yeah, fair enough... sorry about being a miserablist! Being away from home (wife & kids), living it a cheap B&B and working long hours to get familiar with a new work environment left me on somewhat of a low...

Anyway, last night was definitely an improvement, and any suggestions as to how to get the best out the hours after 18:00 Mon-Thu each week would be gratefully received!

:)

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
Seeing the Rezillos tonight at Rosyth - it wil be brill!

Bhalba are still live & kicking see our website www.bhalba.org.uk - travel arrangements are being made for Hartlepool and watching the Orient game probably somewhere in Falkirk

Attachments

• Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 54

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here