Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford=Nostradamus?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The old git eluded to this, off air, when he came on the phone- in in February.

And at least we won't have to endure the sight of Dean White shouting into his mobile phone and the endless three man conferences when its time to bring a sub on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Will Dick Knight insist that Dean White stay on as Mickeys number 2 because of the great success we have had whilst he has held that position and because he is so loved by the Brighton fans.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed is indeed a wise old sage.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Insider knowledge probably helped a little

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed & Dick are smoking pals.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
On the same day another member of the 'Inner Wheel' was stating that he had been told the Manager had lost the dressing room, perhaps the die was cast then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the same day another member of the 'Inner Wheel' was stating that he had been told the Manager had lost the dressing room, perhaps the die was cast then.

I always thought that you'd be privvy to most of the behind the scenes shenaningans, are you saying you aren't? :ohmy:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

It's very interesting that - because afterwards, and towards the end of the season, the team had arguably it's best spell of Wilkins short tenure.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

And at least we won't have to endure the sight of Dean White shouting into his mobile phone and the endless three man conferences when its time to bring a sub on.
Do we take it, you were'nt a Wilkins fan then Ian?

Dandyman

In London village.
Well Nostradamus certainly beats last week's comparison - "Boris Johnson from Behind".
:eek:

I've never knew Ed was an Old Etonian.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
It's very interesting that - because afterwards, and towards the end of the season, the team had arguably it's best spell of Wilkins short tenure.

Coinciding with the three weeks that Wilkins was hardly at the club?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

Or the sight of that bloody magnet board.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I always thought that you'd be privvy to most of the behind the scenes shenaningans, are you saying you aren't? :ohmy:

You hear mumblings and whispers all the time, but this was an example of the Chairman clearly saying more than he should to a number of well known supporters after a Falmer meeting.

On that particular day I could have gone on after 5 and said "tell the listeners what you just told me Ed", but that would have dropped him in it and put a huge wedge between Messrs Knight and Wilkins.

Then again would it have go Micky Adams, then out of work, back here earlier enough to get us a shot at the play-offs?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Then again would it have go Micky Adams, then out of work, back here earlier enough to get us a shot at the play-offs?

We couldn't have done much more to be fair, dont think Adams would have made much difference at all to be honest.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Do we take it, you were'nt a Wilkins fan then Ian?

Don, even nearly two years on the jury was still out, there was aspects of his management style I liked and some I didn't, but the sight of Dean White shouting down the phone trying to make himself heard at a noisy football stadium made us to my mind look like Rag Arse Rovers.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Don, even nearly two years on the jury was still out, there was aspects of his management style I liked and some I didn't, but the sight of Dean White shouting down the phone trying to make himself heard at a noisy football stadium made us to my mind look like Rag Arse Rovers.

Yes, but he was ordering pizza at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here