Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eBuyer-anybody had dealings with them?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm looking to buy a new Canon MP 780 printer-best price without a 4 week wait is from Dabs.com and they want £218.

uBuyer have one, they say they have 133 in stock and are asking £158.

I tried calling them and they have a recording apologising for delays 'due to a warehouse move'.

Before I cancel my order with Dabs and order from eBuyer I'm looking t0o see if any of you folks have bought from them/any problems/etc.

Thanks

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I bought a portable DVD player a couple of months ago and they were fine. Choice of delivery dates, very cheap and when there was a problem (supplied earphones did not work) they sent a better replacement free of charge.

I don't believe they are easy to contact directly if you need to speak to a "real" person as everything is done by their online emailing system and they were a bit slow sorting the replacement but if you don't mind a day or 2 delay on comms then they're fine:thumbsup:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I brought all the parts for one of my machines from them. I have also brought some other stuff from them. I would recomend them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They are fantastic until you want or need to send something back and then you can have all kinds of fun.

Google 'ebuyer returns' and stuff like that to read the experiences of others.

Chances are your product will be fine and you won't need to send it back and, like the others above, you'll rave about their low prices etc.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Personally I've never had a problem. I've used them loads of times for a printer, motherboard, ram, ink etc. Everything has turned up on time and works fine. I have heard from others that their customer service isn't great but when their stuff is so cheap I suppose it's a trade off.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bozza said:
They are fantastic until you want or need to send something back and then you can have all kinds of fun.

Google 'ebuyer returns' and stuff like that to read the experiences of others.

Chances are your product will be fine and you won't need to send it back and, like the others above, you'll rave about their low prices etc.

Second everything Bozza's said here. RMA is close to impossible through them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks people-looks like a 60 quid saving is on the cards:clap:

hooker

Feb 26, 2004
Were the inbreeds live.
Ordered some stuff on the 29th july checked today the 10th.
Order cancelled.
But ther's Plenty in stock.
Tried phoning the customer help desk and all you get is a prat waffling on abt moving and being busy so I here you say I'll wait in the queue but there is no queue your just CUT OFF

And to top it off they took my money.

I think i'm going to stick with Aria

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well-I went and ordered the printer on Wednesday evening around 11pm. It was delivered today at mid-day. Quite a result considering eBuyer were 60 quid cheaper than the cheapest price I'd previously found.

Can't really fault that! Thanks for all the earlier advice.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've only had one bad experience with them and won't be buying again.

I waiting for an order I paid extra for to have delivered next day at the start of the week.

Still waiting....

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I have ordered quite a bit from E-buyer and never had any problems. Like Bozza though, I know someone who tried to return something faulty and it was a bit of a trauma. Got there in the end but it would appear they are very well organised as a purchase medium but customer services is not their strong point. Possibly why they can undercut most people.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Delivery is very slow. Five days from reports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here