Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay is so wonderful...

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
A silly, silly, Silly housemate of mine told me how he had seen a Zippy (from Rainbow) teddy in a machine down the Marina. Thinking this would be a great addition to the weird things we have come accross in the house he proceeded to put £25 in the machine to win it.

You guessed it, he did not win anything yet alone Zippy still sitting there laughing at him.

He has now brought it on Ebay for £2.50 inc postage.

What an Idiot :lolol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I have a good Fund Raising scheme to approach your housemate with...instead of putting all that money in a machine down the marina he puts it directly into my bank account.

For which I will show him utmost respect and will applaud him in public places.

msn_wink.gif

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I've never used Ebay, or one of those grabbing machines. I saw on The Real Hustle all about how they rig them and how you can work out when they will pay out and stuff like that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Most of them are guarantee win now.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember those machines with a pusher thingy and loads of 2p's on the pier in Worthing, only trouble was that if you were lucky enough to win it was like walking around with divers boots on for the rest of the day, or until you could find something to spend it all on.

I was once in a group of friends, a couple of which were trying to impress this attractive lass who was among us.
She saw a cute stuffed toy in one of those machines, which I stayed back just a half-minute and 'won', presenting it to her noncholently.
That machine thing made me a knight in shining armour, oh my little droogies, and a young debauchker all starry-eyed and ready for the William Tell Overture.

Gully said:
I remember those machines with a pusher thingy and loads of 2p's on the pier in Worthing, only trouble was that if you were lucky enough to win it was like walking around with divers boots on for the rest of the day, or until you could find something to spend it all on.

When still in short trousers, my mate and I used to go down the Piers and 'play' those slots. You could crack a candy-floss stick just right and stick it up the payout chute to tip the dosh over the edge. Some of them, the lid was never locked down, and you could discretely lift it and 'win'.
Pity about the size of those pennies back then though, 30bob would make the 'swag' pull yer shorts down if you didn't hang onto the beltline.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gully said:

I remember walking around booting them in the days before they were alarmed.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ebay is indeed wonderful - I've been selling off my maternity clothes and has so far made about £180....still a few more things to sell too....

The ebay fees piss me off though, as do the paypal fees.....the more money ebay/paypal have been making the higher their fees have got! Oh well.....at least I'm getting money for things that 5 years ago I would have had to take to the tip/charidee shop...

Last edited:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
tedebear said:
Ebay is indeed wonderful - I've been selling off my maternity clothes and has so far made about £180....still a few more things to sell too....

The ebay fees piss me off though, as do the paypal fees.....the more money ebay/paypal have been making the higher their fees have got! Oh well.....at least I'm getting money for things that 5 years ago I would have had to take to the tip/charidee shop...

Have you tried NCT nearly new sales? My mum's made a fortune flogging push chairs, toys and the like.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Without Limits said:
A silly, silly, Silly housemate of mine told me how he had seen a Zippy (from Rainbow) teddy in a machine down the Marina. Thinking this would be a great addition to the weird things we have come accross in the house he proceeded to put £25 in the machine to win it.

You guessed it, he did not win anything yet alone Zippy still sitting there laughing at him.

He has now brought it on Ebay for £2.50 inc postage.

What an Idiot :lolol:

Let me guess. Students?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
tedebear said:
Yes they still do, but sadly I had to sell my car about 8 months ago, so I can't get there with all my stuff to sell....

That's a pain. Apparently the bus fares have gone up too. We used to sneak out of school and pay £2.70 for the day in Brighton. My sister informs me that this can no longer be done :(

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Last week I had two unauthorised payments totalling £1,450 taken from my Paypal account, which in turn have been debited from my current account. Fortunately, Paypal have intervened and returned the money to me, but without any explanation as to how the transactions happened. Both related to Ebay purchases.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
readingstockport said:
ebay has been comprehensively hacked. Go to www.theregister.co.uk and read the stories.

Of course it has, although I'd argue The Register is the internet's IT version of the Daily Mail!!

Ebay is ok - if you regularly change your password and check on your listings continually. Its a shame there are so many scammers out there who really do think this is a quick way for them to make money!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here