Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy...easy...easy.....

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
Erm.......well.....okay.....too close for bloody comfort actually.

Well done, Brighton. Thought your lads were magnificent today. Ran their socks off and played some decent stuff too. In particular, I thought your defence was superb.

Yes, we were poor today and Defoe / Keane is not a good partnership for us. But you still kept them very quiet for the vast majority of the match and your full backs (particularly right side) did a fantastic job too.

I'm just hoping that Kanouté is fit for Chelsea next week and that Naybet comes back in for the hapless Tony Gardner.

Congrats to your support too. Sorry we couldn't contribute more to the atmos but we never do, I'm afraid, against lower division teams in the cup - partly because a lot of the main singing section is displaced by the increased allocation for the away support in cup games and partly because we just can't be arsed! Anyway, depite the result, I hope you enjoyed the day. I know you enjoyed the goal!

A draw would have been the fair result. Best of luck in the league and with Falmer.

P.S. You lot probably didn't notice, but I hope your players did, that your team got a standing ovation from all around the ground after the Spurs team had left the pitch. Fully deserved.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Paxtonlad said:
P.S. You lot probably didn't notice, but I hope your players did, that your team got a standing ovation from all around the ground after the Spurs team had left the pitch. Fully deserved.

Actually, reading that has brought tears to my eyes, and that don't happen very often...:cry:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, a great day, a fine performance, but we lost, and I'm gonna be controversial here, a draw would have been the fair result on balance of possession and play but, then again, perhaps not, we lost to a magical piece of football. We had no one on the pitch who could do what Keano (minor) could do, that's the class of that level of football, plucky stuff from us but class will out.

Now let's hope the little Tallaght bastard will score goals like that for the Republic :angry: :angry: :angry: ;)

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
London Irish said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, a great day, a fine performance, but we lost, and I'm gonna be controversial here, a draw would have been the fair result on balance of possession and play but, then again, perhaps not, we lost to a magical piece of football. We had no one on the pitch who could do what Keano (minor) could do, that's the class of that level of football, plucky stuff from us but class will out.

Now let's hope the little Tallaght bastard will score goals like that for the Republic :angry: :angry: :angry: ;)

Not controversial for me London Irish. In many respects we did deserve the draw or even to nick it BUT, as you say they beat us due to their class.

1. A superb save from Robinson at 1-1. The moment Hart made good contact on that header, it was in! The tv doesn't do that save justice, but I was perfectly in line with the flight of the cross, and trust me that was a superb save.

2. Keane's goal was a superb finish, a class goal that probably no-one else on the pitch could have done, certainly not in our team.

To win a game like that we needed to play as we did, they needed to be off colour as they were, and for no individual brilliance to come from their class players. Unfortunately for us the last bit didn't go our way.

Well done Spurs, I'm just proud of the way we made you sweat for it ... and I will be smiling at the thought of Chippy's goal for a long time.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
draw was the least we deserved and every spurs fan i spoke to after said that!:clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm with London Irish. When the final whistle went my main reaction was one of disappointment. We'll NEVER get a better chance than that to beat (on current form) a top Premiership team on their own ground again. We should have got a least a draw bollocks bollocks bollocks. Having said that of course if you'd offered me a 2-1 defeat beforehand with the result in the balance right up until the last minute I'd have bitten your hand off.

It WAS a great day out though. The pub we picked served beer at £1.69 a pint! They were supposed to do food but the chef had done a runner the previous night, however they very decently let us order in pizza. We shouted ourselves hoarse and we were in with the Spurs fans! (East Terrace upper) When we scored the five of us couldn't help ourselves, we just jumped up an cheered. As I was leaping up and down hysterically I thought it would be worth getting a slap just to celebrate the moment but apart from a few looks they just let us get on with it.

It's one of the few times I've been able to appreciate our support 'from afar'. Pretty impressive and it did generate most of the atmosphere, only drowned out a few times when the Spurs fans got their act together. Thank heavens priority wasn't given to the thermos-wielding, semi-comatose, whinging, tartan travel rug brigade AKA Season Ticket holders.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Shizuoka Dolphin said:

Should I be offended as a season ticket holder?

:D :D

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Brovian said:
Thank heavens priority wasn't given to the thermos-wielding, semi-comatose, whinging, tartan travel rug brigade AKA Season Ticket holders.

I take it you can't afford one then ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
e77 said:
I take it you can't afford one then ?
I can afford one, I can't afford four.

Obviously all NSC posters who are STHs are exempt from criticism!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Are you Paxton Dazo in disguise?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here