Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eastbourne tennis

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
main draw starts tommorrow, anybody gonna head down? watch the lovely ladies in the tournis last year as an all womens event till it becomes both men and womens

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone ever bought a ground pass for Eastbourne? I'm guessing like Wimbledon, you could get onto the 'show courts' if tickets are handed back in when people leave. Anyone? Not sure if they release more seated tickets per day or not, all sold out currently.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I wonder if there are any players there this week who weren’t even born when this thread was started

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wow, that’s some digging up a thread from the past!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Anyone ever bought a ground pass for Eastbourne? I'm guessing like Wimbledon, you could get onto the 'show courts' if tickets are handed back in when people leave. Anyone? Not sure if they release more seated tickets per day or not, all sold out currently.
I've bought a Ground Pass via the Q at Wimbledon and late in the day got in to see Nadal on Centre Court (a couple of years back). Had a good chat to one of the army stewards and he let me in. The GP was a "physical" ticket. I've been to Eastbourne, also a couple of years ago, on a Court 2 ticket (bought on the day by rocking up) and had a great time aswell - but the limited amount of courts and players means a ground pass there really is of no comparison. And the stewards were quite officious (no Army this time!) - didn't let anyone into Court 2 on a GP I'm afraid (despite many empty seats). Best bet would be to go to the box office on the day, as I did, and check for returns imo. But Raducanu is playing tomorrow so might be busy.... We have tickets for Court One tomorrow this year. V much looking forward to it. A lot of people diss tennis but I like the mental strength aspect of it and how sometimes the games can turn in a moment when the pressure is suddenly on.

note - also tickets aren't as easily handed back in nowadays as they are digital tickets and people just don't bother with the effort as much. It's a shame. In this case, I prefer old fashioned physical tickets.....

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Going today to Centre Court...

3 Brits involved , Norrie, Boulter and Emma R...

Think this will be my last year as tourney being downgraded from a 500 to 250 and seventy snots a ticket a bit steep ( tho worth it for todays lineup )

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Going today to Centre Court...

3 Brits involved , Norrie, Boulter and Emma R...

Think this will be my last year as tourney being downgraded from a 500 to 250 and seventy snots a ticket a bit steep ( tho worth it for todays lineup )
Enjoy, perfect day for it, great line up. Top centre court are £56 I thought. Still expensive either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here