Chicken World

Attachments

• totallydisappointed.JPG
    totallydisappointed.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,228
Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think that post said disappointed with the Amex on the basis of only one big stand (West presumably) but his six lines were almost totally addressed to boro fans so why worry.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think that post said disappointed with the Amex on the basis of only one big stand (West presumably) but his six lines were almost totally addressed to boro fans so why worry.

This.

One Eastbourne bloke's opinion? Or do others feel the same way? Totally disappointed? Sounds like sour grapes, fella!

Dammit, it's not uploading correctly.

totallydisappointed.jpg

Now with sub-titles for the hard of vision ...

Posted by SHABBA! -
not only was i disappointed with the ground, bar the one nice stand, i was so disappointed with the boro fans, not life or soul, gutless and weak, there was a hand full of us trying to get singing going but to no luck, i felt ashamed to be a boro fan today, and that a hard thing for me to say as iv been supporting this club for ten years if not more, there as 1500 of us there today and could have easily out sung there lot, not even one song! i mean guys that really awful, 5 years ago we would have been so loud, but gone are the day of that, boro have lost there best support, to be honest today was a turning point, it could have been amazing, there was young and middle aged people there, people who should be singing at a football match there, and they sat there in silence, its a disgrace, i was embarrass to be a boro supporter today, like i said there was a few of us trying so hard to start songs but people just looked at us like were were some crazy people, shocking boy shocking !!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Not really. He's having a go at his own fans. And considering we've HYPED the Amex up SO much, I think away fans will be underwhelmed by the unfinished bits, the 'mini' North Stand etc etc.

Ho hum.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Meh, I couldn't care less if every single away fan in the championship absolutely hates the place to be honest, much less what a county league side thinks. We think it's stunning and that's all that matters.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Meh, I couldn't care less if every single away fan in the championship absolutely hates the place to be honest, much less what a Conference side thinks. We think it's stunning and that's all that matters.

Changed for accuracy.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Posted by airborn:
i agree poor but then the performance hardly inspired the fans as for the ground nothing special to cramped around bar and loos and lack signage outside how to get to the south

Posted by SHABBA!:
in my opinion ground was shocking, looks half finnished, like i said exept that one stand, nothing special, oxford is better than that !

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
SHABBA's turgid opinions will be mirrored by many away fans this season, alas, but let's not lose any sleep over it. They're probably not aware of planning constraints re: the unusual wonky shape of the stands and the reason why it is, in fact, unfinished. Christ, has he ever been to Withdean?! :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I dont like to hear teh 100 million bit as I don't think it looks anywhere near what you would envisage a 100 m stadium to look.

Saying that , it's our home. Doesn't matter what others think. We just need to make the place intimidating and make it a fortress on the pitch.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I dont like to hear teh 100 million bit as I don't think it looks anywhere near what you would envisage a 100 m stadium to look.

Saying that , it's our home. Doesn't matter what others think. We just need to make the place intimidating and make it a fortress on the pitch.

Sadly, that's what stadium's cost these days. Especially when you add on all the extra excavation work etc etc etc, plus other obstacles we've had to negotiate.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Disappointed with the ground, bar one stand?

He was visiting a stadium a third full. He didn't elaborate much on why he found it disappointing. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
to be fair though it was half empty ( as we all knew ) , and a few empty gaps around the place ... of course these will be fixed soon , but at the moment it does feel slightly short of completion.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Truth is it is unfinished, but unlike them we know why. When it is fully finished it truly will be stunning. Its still an impressive stadium in its current state though.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Half of those wankers are so called Chelsea fans. I absolutely despise the club personally.

Some chap in the North Stand today in his Chelsea tracksuit top. Now Im all for JCLs getting involved, but really if youre going to come at least make the effort. So many Arsenal and Spurs outfits on the train there and back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here