Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Eastbourne Boro the envy of Sussex'- Eastbourne Herald 30/05/08

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
Did anyone else who managed to get there hands on a copy of the Eastbourne Herald today see that shit printed on the sports opinion on the back of the paper.

according to them Eastbourne are 'the envy of sussex clubs as Eastbourne have there own ground and Brighton still dont'

The reporters obviously dont have a f***ing clue and have to have a dig because they have had there 5 minutes of fame by winning the blue sq south play off and getting into the conference, suddenly thinking there sussex's number 1 club

Being an eastbourne resident i should be looking out for my local team, but f*** em hope they get tonked. not the clubs fault but the shit reporting that the herald produces week in week out.

It may be an opinion but more like a dig in my book at us, disgrace :angry:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Did anyone else who managed to get there hands on a copy of the Eastbourne Herald today see that shit printed on the sports opinion on the back of the paper.

according to them Eastbourne are 'the envy of sussex clubs as Eastbourne have there own ground and Brighton still dont'

The reporters obviously dont have a f***ing clue and have to have a dig because they have had there 5 minutes of fame by winning the blue sq south play off and getting into the conference, suddenly thinking there sussex's number 1 club

Being an eastbourne resident i should be looking out for my local team, but f*** em hope they get tonked. not the clubs fault but the shit reporting that the herald produces week in week out.

Mate ... don't you think you're taking this a little too personally????

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Let Eastbourne have their 12 months of fame because next season they will be in the obscurity of that well known Conference South league while little old Brighton are scrapping it out for a place in the Championship. I'm so envious of Eastbourne :cry:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Hahahaha. Gotta laugh at Eastbourne.

Infact all the non-league Sussex teams make me laugh; I remember seeing the back of a Crawley supporters bus with "The only team in Sussex" printed on the back of it! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

So let's get this straight. You want them to get relegated because of what some hack wrote in the local paper? Gee, I hope Andy Naylor doesn't read this or he'll get all self-important over the power of the press.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on, it's only their local paper talking.

No different to any of the Argus's annual front page headlines about some old biddy on Bournemouth town council claiming they are the no.1 seaside resort, or the Mid Sussex Times attempting to strike up a rivalry between Burgess Hill & Haywards Heath.

It's what local papers do: they can only sell so many copies on the back of minor road traffic collisions, wonky paving stones in the High Street and cocker spaniels that bark at the Meridian Tonight theme tune.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Are Eastbourne Borough traditionally the main club in that place? What about the other side with the little ground in the centre? Eastbourne Town? Do they have a massive rivalry? Are locals split on socio-economic/political/religious grounds? Is it a bit like Munich and Manchester where the lesser known club is actually the one followed by the real locals? This non league stuff is sooooooooo exciting...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are Eastbourne Borough traditionally the main club in that place? What about the other side with the little ground in the centre? Eastbourne Town? Do they have a massive rivalry? Are locals split on socio-economic/political/religious grounds? Is it a bit like Munich and Manchester where the lesser known club is actually the one followed by the real locals? This non league stuff is sooooooooo exciting...

Borough used to be the small team in the area, Eastbourne Town and Eastbourne United were the bigger teams. Borough were previously known as Langney Sports.

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
6 promotions in 10 years and only 2 below the Albion.
If people are on here talking about them then they are obviously being taken notice of.
Some of the support is from ex- Albion who are priced out of watching and now watch decent football for a tenner at a football ground.

Mar 10, 2006

That is about to end so it will be interesting to see what support they get when they are struggling. Most people who have started to follow them in recent times only know success and as we know Sussex football fans are notoriously fickle so will they still go when no further success is forthcoming.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I went to a Eastbourne Town game recently and noticed there were people there that preferred following them over Borough, and also know a certain ex Eastbourne Seagull that prefers Eastbourne United over Borough.

It's a nice little ground isn't it? And they get some pretty good attendances aswell.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
If people are on here talking about them then they are obviously being taken notice of.
Some of the support is from ex- Albion who are priced out of watching and now watch decent football for a tenner at a football ground.

Sorry, having been a football tourist to both Eastbourne and Lewes last season there is no way in 1 million years that anything at that level could be classed as decent. We may not be anywhere near Champions League but f*** me we're not as bad as that non league toss. Honest to God...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

That is about to end so it will be interesting to see what support they get when they are struggling. Most people who have started to follow them in recent times only know success and as we know Sussex football fans are notoriously fickle so will they still go when no further success is forthcoming.

exactly the same situation for lewes - especially now they have lost their precious beer on terraces

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
Sorry, having been a football tourist to both Eastbourne and Lewes last season there is no way in 1 million years that anything at that level could be classed as decent. We may not be anywhere near Champions League but f*** me we're not as bad as that non league toss. Honest to God...
obviously not but you strengthen up as you move up the divisions and next year we will be even stronger.
I much prefer to pay a tenner to watch Eastbourne Boro in a ground that is covered on all four sides than pay £28 on prefab stands with no cover and crap parking

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
obviously not but you strengthen up as you move up the divisions and next year we will be even stronger.
I much prefer to pay a tenner to watch Eastbourne Boro in a ground that is covered on all four sides than pay £28 on prefab stands with no cover and crap parking

I'd prefer to pay £50 and watch league football than a £1 to watch some non league toss. Each to there own though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here