Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne airshow

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Has anyone who's been before got any comments to make about it? Is it worth a visit? And if so where's the best place to go to get the best view?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
brighton rock said:
not a bad show a red arrows fly friday to sunday

air show

Yeah, I already checked out the website thanks. Just wanted to get opinions of people who've actually been and whether its best to go into town to watch it at the seafront or up on the downs.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Yep good show

any where on the sesfront and you have a good view even at pevensey where i was standing (tight arse) the show was good

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Went last year, parked on the roads near the cricket ground, you can usually find a space and its free parking.

Last year watched next to wish tower but if its a nice day it does get crowded.

If you just want to see the planes then the downs is probably much quietor (people wise) but if you want to hear the commentary as well then you will obviously have to get much nearer.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
As Gazwag says best place to see the show is anywhere on the beach between the Pier and the Wish Tower.

That way it seems as though you are close enough to touch the planes.

aph298

Jul 26, 2004
nomadic
yeah, worth visiting. (Unfortunately) I work in Eastbourne but had the pleasure of seeing the Red Arrows race pass my window numerous times during the event last year.
Best place to watch it all is down on the beach. Traffic can be a pain in the arse though trying to get in and out of town.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Was going to go by train. Is the station far from the pier/wish tower. Haven't been to Eastbourne for about 15 years. I'll leave you to comment on whether thats a good thing or not :lolol:

aph298

Jul 26, 2004
nomadic
train is probably the best idea but station's busy at the end of the day. Pier and beachfront is a 5-10 minute walk straight down the (overcrowded) highstreet

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rangdo said:
Was going to go by train. Is the station far from the pier/wish tower. Haven't been to Eastbourne for about 15 years. I'll leave you to comment on whether thats a good thing or not :lolol:

Just come out the station and walk towards the sea and turn right when you reach it probably about ten minutes walk

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Anyone there for that crash a couple of years back. That was pretty spectacular!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
An airshow? In Sussex?

People come from all over the country to this thing.

What gives these people the right to cause distruption in our county, just so they can watch some planes?

I think it's discusting etc etc.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I'm not aerophobic but...

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Eastbourne Airshow is usually excellent. If you watch it on the downs, then be prepared to pay for the car parks.

If you watch it in the town, of course, it is free. All the free parking spaces on the downs (verges etc) are usually taken up early.

There is a dedicated FM radio station called Airbourne that provides commentary wherever you are.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I was there a few years ago when some bloke accidentally flew his plane into the sea and died. Anyone remember that?

yes

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I live in Eastbourne and you cannot move in the town while it is on. Well worth a day visit but come by train if you can. Oh and bring your own food since the vans etc on the seafront make the food at withdean look both cheap and edible.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wardywonderland said:
Oh and bring your own food since the vans etc on the seafront make the food at withdean look both cheap and edible.

Bloody hell. I didn't realise that was possible. Packed lunch it is then.

Anyone remember the time the Airshow coincided with the (now, sadly, no more) Eastbourne Cricket week?

Lunch at the County Championship match had to be re-timed to allow the Red Arrows not to disturb play.

Marvellous scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here