Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbound trains from Falmer last night..

Jameson

Puzzled why so few trains came through after the game last night; there must have been at least 4-5 westbound trains while everyone queued up on the ramps waiting for trains to Lewes (and connecting services) and Eastbourne/Hastings and the one that came through at about 9:50 was only 3-4 carriages long. After that it was a 25 minute wait for the next one. After the Sunderland game I don't remember waiting so long, is this normal? If so I shan't bother with trains for evening games.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
by the time i got on the train to lewes last night (and i shot off straight away from west upper north stand end) there were 2 people waiting to go to brighton and everyone had cleared . lucky they held the train to haywards heath back or it would have been a cab from lewes. also had to endure sitting next to about 6 cockney reds all the way back. talk about plastics. cant think your average scouse fan would be too enamoured with them

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Stuck waiting around for an hour for the Seaford train, lesson learnt though. Will stay for beers on Friday and just catch the last train instead of waiting on the ramp for 30 mins then on the platform for 30 mins.

Why Southern thought not putting on the extra trains was a good idea for a cup tie against Liverpool I have no idea.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Six Brighton-bound trains in the time it took for two to head to Lewes. Then the one I eventually got on ran late, and they ended up having to hold the Victoria train at Lewes to enable us London-bound bods to catch it.

Note to future self: join Brighton queue next time. It had cleared completely by the time the second Lewes train came in.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
the queues for trains towards eastbourne/seaford etc would go down quicker if everybody was told to get on the next train and change at Lewes. i was amazed at the number of fans who stayed on falmer station waiting for the correct train to come. There is more bloody room on Lewes train station.Then the front carriage of the train i got on was not even full.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stuck waiting around for an hour for the Seaford train, lesson learnt though. Will stay for beers on Friday and just catch the last train instead of waiting on the ramp for 30 mins then on the platform for 30 mins.
I've got the chance for a bit of a session on Friday. What will be best bet? i.e. How long will bars at the ground stay open for? What time will be last trains back to a) Eastbourne and b) Seaford...? (is it the standard or a special timetable?). Any help/advice from fellow "East, East, East Sussex" boys gratefully received.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Puzzled why so few trains came through after the game last night; there must have been at least 4-5 westbound trains while everyone queued up on the ramps waiting for trains to Lewes (and connecting services) and Eastbourne/Hastings and the one that came through at about 9:50 was only 3-4 carriages long. After that it was a 25 minute wait for the next one. After the Sunderland game I don't remember waiting so long, is this normal? If so I shan't bother with trains for evening games.

Despite the Sunderland game going into extra time and the club warning fans that after 10.30 trains would be limited ,i was home in Seaford within 50 minutes of leaving the ground using the train,and i did not leave till the players had left the pitch.Last night was a joke, i along with many others phoned home to get picked up at the falmer station bus stop.Hopefully last night was a one off British Rail fcuk up,if not there will be a serious road accident on the 27 before long

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here