Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Street Taxi Rank - A rant

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What is it with that taxi rank that turns normally sane intelligent people into complete and utter moronic fuckwits? When a taxi arrives and people get in, move along the 'kin road to the front. Don't just stand there like a gormless bloody idiot waiting for the next one. Most of the taxi drivers don't actually help either by picking people up half way down the line, but then half of them appear not to be able to understand English either. I think a railing should be put along the side of the road so people can't get into a cab unless they move to the front. It worked at the station taxi rank where the same problem used to exist before they out one in.

* Rant inspired by one of the afore mentioned gormless moronic fuckwits nicking what should have been our cab last night.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Taxi drivers ? don't get me started.....

Either
a) they are all wankers, ripoff merchants, and shit drivers, or
b) shit drivers, ripoff merchants and wankers

I'd rather walk. And do.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
and another thing, they recently had the Brighton taxi driver of the year !!!!!!!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The winner went 25 seconds without cutting someone up or being a total tosser.

I did warn you not to get me started.........

:angry:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Barry Hazgon said:
Taxi drivers ? don't get me started.....

Either
a) they are all wankers, ripoff merchants, and shit drivers, or
b) shit drivers, ripoff merchants and wankers

I'd rather walk. And do.
:tosser:

Oct 25, 2003
ali jenkins said:
The ONLY reason i use a taxi is because i cant be bothered to walk to SOUTHWICK from Brighton at 3am!

BLOODY MUGS!
the number 25 is 24 hour, is £1 with a saver or £2 without, and will take you to portslade station, which can't be that far(i live in fishersgate and always do it) to southwick

I've never had any problem with them in this city.

Try being courteous to them and strike up a friendly conversation as opposed to being sick on their back seat or trying to do a runner without paying, they might be nice back to you.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
NMH said:
Were you, by any chance, acting like a complete 'tard?

:lolol:

Most certainly not. Mrs P and I were stood waiting quite normally thank you.
:angel:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jimbo26 said:
Taxi drivers are wankers. FULL STOP !!

There are at least 3 Nsc posters who would disagree with you but then again :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
I've never had any problem with them in this city.

Try being courteous to them and strike up a friendly conversation as opposed to being sick on their back seat or trying to do a runner without paying, they might be nice back to you.

"Been Busy?"

"What time you working 'til?"

:lolol: Peter Kay - What a Hero! :bowdown:

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
My favourite taxi incident occured in Prague, after a night out on the Pragarian beers, four of us climbed into a taxi and told him to take us to our appartment (general taxi routine).

We were at this stage particularly battered, but were very much aware that as he drove, he was going the complete opposite direction, he actually went across the river to the other side from where we were staying!

He obviously thought he would rape the drunk Brits, by clocking up a fare, but we turned round and raped him by running at the lights after announcing "Let's Chris Brown it!" (As in Chris Brown - Run it!)

We left all three doors open with him in the middle of the road, and a now green light, whilst running to a nearby park to hide.
:lolol:

happy times

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing finer than stepping off a midnight train from London and seeing a row of cabs as far as the eye can see IMHO. Brighton cabbies at night, they're alright :thumbsup:

As for East Street or any other late night taxi queues, nothing simpler than putting a couple of first-come-first-served barriers in and having a couple of security guards to make sure nobody queue-jumps. A bit crap it has to come to that, but heigh-ho, at least people would be gently coerced into doing the decent thing.

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
The biggest ****s are in that que at East Street, I saw some bloke knocking about a bird the other night there and all kindsa crazy shit.

to be fair, Rumble will argue that was on his front door step and that she also deserved it!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Hoggy said:
to be fair, Rumble will argue that was on his front door step and that she also deserved it!

No fighting outside my house please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here