Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-cash top up 2 - urgent

Dear Insider,

As per the question from the Large One, I and I suspect many other fans had the same problem when trying to pre-load my smart card.

I emailed the club with no response as yet and have just come off the phone with customer services. It seems block W3E no longer exists and is now W3F which means all those sitting there currently have invalid smart cards and will be sent a new smart card (I don’t know when) and are therefore unable to top up their existing incorrect smart card and therefore may have to queue for a paper ticket tomorrow and therefore will not get the benefit of the 10% cash back tomorrow and therefore have to apply for a retro cash back and therefore cause even more work for BHA staff and upset BHA fans.

Of course none of this has been mentioned by the club so anyone affected by this may not have a clue what is going on.

Can I ask:

Why has the block changed and why so late in the day?

Why did the club not put something about this on the website yesterday when you made the announcement? Surely this would have saved even further work for the already over stretched staff who must be getting numerous enquiries about something the club clearly knows about but is not telling the customers.

It just seems the club is really making life difficult for itself and upsetting customers as for example I received yesterday a paper ticket for my son for the game tomorrow with the new block details but no accompanying explanation as to why a paper ticket was being issued.

It was only by seeing some of the content of NSC that I had an idea of what was going on and even the person in customer services agreed the club could be handling this a lot better.

It is quite possible that a lot of people could turn up tomorrow with smart cards that will not work and won't have a clue as to what is going on. A friend brought my ticket on line and has not received a paper ticket as yet and if I hadn't followed NSC I would be trying to use an invalid smart card.

Sorry to waffle on but this really isn't being handled very well to the detriment of the club and its customers.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
There was a minor issue, and everybody who needs a new card should have a paper ticket for Spurs (which will give access) and a new smartcard - the last of these went out Wednesday - but if you haven't got it by tomorrow, and want to pay using smartcard then come to the ticket office and they will issue a new one. The one sent out will simply be deactivated. The ticket office will also assist with uploading funds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here