Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duo vying for Paynter

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Let him go to a midlands club.

Im sorry but im extremely UNDERWHELMED by that. Two reasons 1) he has scored a MASSIVE ONE goal in 23 Championship games for The Leeds Utd. 2) I remember when him and Austin left Swindon appx the same time and we all commented on how shit Painter was doing for Leeds.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The only hope that I'm hanging my hat on is that Grayson didn't know how to use him. Leeds play one up front and he needs a strike partner. No enthused by it though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Its looking like a likely signing isn't it. We know Gus can get players performing better than we expected but I've never really rated Paynter. His scoring ration is 1 in 4 and that is boosted by a fair return when at Swindon.

As Tony Meolas Loan Spell says... UNDERWHELMED. I am still expecting a striker to come in and go above Barnes and Hoskins in the pecking order. For my money, Paynter would be below both.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
he's good gives us something different and will rarely start. I dont think his record is 1 goal in 23 STARTS is it, that includes sub appearances no?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He has been after him for a while and going by the Argus article that is who we are going to get, hopefully he don't want to return south. Leeds fan don't have anything good to say and 500k is a still a fair fee

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I would be gutted if we get Billy Paynter, don't rate him, he is a lard arsed donkey. Couldn't keep up with our style of play. Hardly cutting edge in the Championship, ought to have got 15-20 goals last season at Leeds but hasn't done it for them. Surely Gus can see that.

I agree it would be good to have the option of a big man to come off the bench but think we can do lot better than Painter. IMHO we would be better off saving our £££'s and continue with our current system playing Nooney, Barnes & CMS and using KLL / Hoskins / Buckley for impact. I will be interested to see how Gus sets out the team when they are all match fit as they are bang full of goals.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My old Swine supporting house mate really rated Paynter, he said Austin and Cox wouldn’t have scored half the goals they did without his partnership. Desciribed him as one of those players that did a lot of good work that went un-noticed.

It’s also worth pointing out Grayson seems to like sticking one striker up front which probably wouldn’t have suited his style of play also at a club like Leeds there is huge expectations, the boo boys probably knocked his confidence to be honest.

I think in a roundabout way I’m trying to say……in Gus we trust

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Had to smile at what one of the Leeds Utd posters put on their forum about Payntor coming to Brighton.....who of course are absolutely furious with Ken Bates about the Gradel sale.....

"Nice try Ken, but you won't win me round that easy, just by sending that fat c**t to Brighton".....LOL..!

Poor old Billy Payntor wouldn't win a popularity contest in Leeds.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Leeds are a hoof ball bunch of cloggers, hardly the team to bring the best out of a guy like Paynter. Gus would get him trim, fit and motivated, then we could see a return to the form he showed at Swindon when he was firing on all cylinders. If Gus brings him in I am 100% sure he would get him playing, scoring and setting up chances for CMS.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I reckon he's alright and could probably get a fair few goals at this level. However, so could cms, Barnes and hoskins, so unless he's being bought as that 'something different' striker, I'm not sure he'd get much game time.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Leeds are a hoof ball bunch of cloggers, hardly the team to bring the best out of a guy like Paynter. Gus would get him trim, fit and motivated, then we could see a return to the form he showed at Swindon when he was firing on all cylinders. If Gus brings him in I am 100% sure he would get him playing, scoring and setting up chances for CMS.

Agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here