Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DSLR Cameras in Amex

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Hello,

I was wondering if you can take DSLR cameras into the Amex? I know some stadiums don't allow it (e.g. I wasn't allowed into Emirates with it). My seat is in WSU and the lense i have on doesn't have enough zoom to take sellable pictures of the action (which in all fairness is why people are banned from taking this type of camera into the stadium).

Would I be able to take it in? Or should I just not bother going down there with it.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I sit in the north stand & i have seen people with camera, think you will be fine.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I took mine to the Donny game without any problem.

As long as you don't take any zoom lens with you or a massive case then you should be fine.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Technically, cameras aren't allowed inside football stadia, and ISTR this instruction was/is in the stewards handbook (would any stewards like to confirm?); however whilst the club seems to be a 'bind eye' turned in this direction, I guess it could be enforced.

Although your camera won't produce sellable photos, you wouldn't be able to sell them if it could: Football DataCo Text

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've taken mine in a couple of times with no problems. I even had a reasonable zoom lens in the camera bag too so you should be ok. Even at Withdean I never had a problem taking cameras in.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Technically, cameras aren't allowed inside football stadia, and ISTR this instruction was/is in the stewards handbook (would any stewards like to confirm?); however whilst the club seems to be a 'bind eye' turned in this direction, I guess it could be enforced.

Is a bind eye something you type with one eye closed :wink:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
I have taken my slr into three or four games this season, with a 300 mm zoom lens. Not had any problems so far.
Stewards checked my bag as well and didn't say anything.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Taking cameras into the ground without the club's permission is breaking the ground regulations. you risk havig the camera taken off you, confiscated fro the period of the match. all depends on the steward dong the gate.

At Withdean I got my SLR refused, and yet they let my camcorder in for the last match which I happily spent videoing the game.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Only time I have had any problem at football was at Bristol City away. Told to stop filming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here