Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DrWho - Is this the worst series since Sylvester McCoy?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Gave up on it at the start of the last series.

I thought having Moffat as the main writer would see it better than ever but sadly not.

Dr Poo.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anything River Song is toe curlingly shit. Not seen tonights yet but the last two were excellent.

McCoys era was actually improving towards the end with Ghostlight and The Curse of Feneric. It was Colin Baker that had the worst deal. The current stuff isn't the worst by a looooong shot.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Haven't watched it since the days of Tom Baker and his lovely assistant, Leela

jamesl02.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4390943 said:
No I mean a specific episode with McCoy being chased around a maze by some goonie.

Only tonight's one was much better.
Only pulling your tail - I really meant this series has lacked content and reminded me of what I didn't like about the McCoy episodes. I thought lightweight and wordy tonight and I guess subliminally I recognised similarities to the McCoy era and probably the style of the episode you have in mind.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It seems to be a bit hit and miss, yet, overcomplicated. I felt a bit sad that they had to trawl up nazi Germany for the " Lets Kill Hitler " episode, how many times do we have to remind the poor squareheads about the war ? I think that there are too many multi layer plot levels running sometimes. Would be nice to get back to the days when an evil entity would kill people by the simple expedient of walking slowly towards someone and strangling them while they remained rooted to the spot screaming.

Last edited:

Only pulling your tail - I really meant this series has lacked content and reminded me of what I didn't like about the McCoy episodes. I thought lightweight and wordy tonight and I guess subliminally I recognised similarities to the McCoy era and probably the style of the episode you have in mind.

Too complicated with all the time-bending stuff if you ask me, it's starting to get like Inception.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4390967 said:
Too complicated with all the time-bending stuff if you ask me, it's starting to get like Inception.

Cracking film, but, a complete mind F*** !

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I could have told you that putting the Daleks in drydock was the beginning of the end...

MUST INNOVATE! MUST INNOVATE!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We actually enjoyed it tonight.

Do I take it that is the last we see of Amy pond?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
She was meant to be contracted to do another series after this one, but one rumour says are she cancelled it.

Only a rumour though.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
We actually enjoyed it tonight.

Do I take it that is the last we see of Amy pond?

Don't thinks so, just making room for James Carden next week.

Hmmm, the series as a whole has been above average and 'The Doctor's Wife' is one of my favourite episodes out of both old and new Who but since it came back from the midseason break its been a bit sickly, although it does seem to be recovering a little.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Please, not that fat unfunny lump ruining my programme.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Last nite re hashing the basic plot of 1989s Curse of Fenric wasnt ideal. So Danny whilst that one didnt involve Mccoy being chased around a maze it did involce the dr make ace lose faith in him. The maze one was *possibly* the happiness patrol from the mccoy era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here