Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drunk and Dangerous!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Fascinating documentary on BBC 1, Wednesday at 9pm: 'DRUNK AND DANGEROUS'

The pre-publicity for the show reads:

"Nowhere is more drunk and dangerous on the weekends than Cardiff, where drinkers spend more than twice the UK average on alcohol. This week's 'Drunk and Dangerous' provides a snapshot of what it's like to police Cardiff city centre - the party capital of Britain - during a weekend of boozing and brawling."

Great! Looks like we're in for some more fantastic publicity then! Mind you, at least the programme's producers see Cardiff as 'the party capital of Britain'. Could be worse, if you know what I mean.......

:lolol: :drink: :p :drink: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Fascinating documentary on BBC 1, Wednesday at 9pm: 'DRUNK AND DANGEROUS'

The pre-publicity for the show reads:

"Nowhere is more drunk and dangerous on the weekends than Cardiff, where drinkers spend more than twice the UK average on alcohol. This week's 'Drunk and Dangerous' provides a snapshot of what it's like to police Cardiff city centre - the party capital of Britain - during a weekend of boozing and brawling."

Great! Looks like we're in for some more fantastic publicity then! Mind you, at least the programme's producers see Cardiff as 'the party capital of Britain'. Could be worse, if you know what I mean.......

:lolol: :drink: :p :drink: :lolol:

Do you think it is possible you might inadvertently be a star of the show ?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Drunk and Dangerous!

Beach Hut said:
Do you think it is possible you might inadvertently be a star of the show ?

Not unless they were filming on the Friday before Christmas, when I was in town for my office party.

God help me if they were. Her husband won't be happy......

:lolol: :p :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Curious Orange said:
The film crew weren't brave enough to try a night out in Newport then!!!

Newport's reputation is so bad it's incredible, but I've got to be honest - I've been to see around 50 or 60 gigs there in my time, and have never seen any trouble at all!

Newport legendary TJ's club is one of my favourite places. Haven't been there for ages, but I used to go there almost every week during the mid-Nineties, and I never had any bother at all.

Must've been lucky I suppose!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've been out in Cardiff and Newport, and I felt safer in Cardiff. Admittedly it's about ten years since I was last out in Newport, but generally the pattern would be to get pissed in Ritzy or Brooklyn Heights, then get half a pizza from the late-night chippy, watch the fights for 15 minutes along with the police, then watch the police cart off all the people who are fighting. Then go home.

I managed to avoid any conflict myself, but a couple of my mates didn't, and weren't pretty sights the next day.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
CO: In fairness, I've never been out drinking in Newport town centre itself. TJ's is just off the main drag, and I used to spend all my time either in the club itself or in the Kings pub opposite.

It's a very small venue, but I've seen some great bands there over the years and never seen any trouble at all.

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
berkshire seagull said:
Sounds good and shall watch that just like that programme on sky one monday(britains toughest pubs) great stuff.:lolol: :lol: :bounce:

If drunk and dangerous is as good as Britains toughest pubs, it will be good. Did you see the old geezers, in the welsh boozer? Scary stuff, you wouldn't take ur missus in their for a basket meal.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
EP Sam said:
LB - Panorama is on BBC1 at the moment and finishes at 10pm. Do you mean next week?

They changed the schedules late yesterday evening to make room for the Panorama special on the Hutton enquiry. The programme will now be shown on Wednesday, February 11th, which is rather annoying. I was looking forward to it.

The South Wales Echo held a phone poll last night asking its readers if they agreed with the programme's claims that binge drinking was a problem in Cardiff city centre on the weekends.

94% of the callers agreed that it is a problem!

At least we're honest......

:lolol: :D :lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
The Laughing Bluebird said:

The South Wales Echo held a phone poll last night asking its readers if they agreed with the programme's claims that binge drinking was a problem in Cardiff city centre on the weekends.

Isn't binge drinking a problem everywhere?

Or just in my house?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here