Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking in Charlton?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Didnt go last year. Is it easier to drink near the ground or in more central london.

I have seen a couple of supposed away friendly pubs but thought id see if anyone was in the know.

Thanks

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Heading to London Bridge and hopping off there for a few at the Hornimans.

I believe.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Didnt go last year. Is it easier to drink near the ground or in more central london.

I have seen a couple of supposed away friendly pubs but thought id see if anyone was in the know.

Thanks

the Antigallican is a huge pub, right by Charlton station, which is for away fans. or, you can stroll back west, down the Woolwich Road, to the Rose of Denmark.

or, as has been said above, Blackheath has some nice pubs, which is one stop away on the train. Greenwich is three stops away and has a few too.

I will be in Woolwich, where I live and working my way along.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
the Antigallican is a huge pub, right by Charlton station, which is for away fans. or, you can stroll back west, down the Woolwich Road, to the Rose of Denmark.

or, as has been said above, Blackheath has some nice pubs, which is one stop away on the train. Greenwich is three stops away and has a few too.

I will be in Woolwich, where I live and working my way along.

cheers guys,

Those pubs outside Charlton station were the ones i had seen on the net. Just looking to see if there was a place where the majority would flock to.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
cheers guys,

Those pubs outside Charlton station were the ones i had seen on the net. Just looking to see if there was a place where the majority would flock to.

They were both rammed last season and I guess with even more of the blue and white army coming up/down/east/west* it will be even better/worse*.

(*delete as applicable)

if you want to go to London bridge there trains are about run every 10-15 minutes and it will take you that to get there. Greenwich is about 8 minutes away, Blackheath about 5. There are plenty of options, all good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why have I got a toy car?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm training it from Lewisham

Any decent pubs there people know of?

(he said tongue in cheek???)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Neither Greenwich or Blackheath are footie pub areas. Will be quiet and more for tourists/posh people (unless that is what you are after)!

Better off in Charlton or London Bridge area I suggest.

(I work in Greenwich BTW).

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Neither Greenwich or Blackheath are footie pub areas. Will be quiet and more for tourists/posh people (unless that is what you are after)!

Better off in Charlton or London Bridge area I suggest.

(I work in Greenwich BTW).

try not to go there myself, but that St Christopher's place, right by Greenwich station is ok for a pre-match pub. The Auctioneer further down too. I probably agree about Blackheath, but people seem intent on going there.

I still say come to Woolwich Arsenal to the Dial Arch first to see where Arsenal played their first ever game, then leave quick, cos it is up it's own bottom. Then to O'Connors in the square for the free duke box and interesting array of locals. Then the Bull, cos it is a dam fine pub, even if it is made out of plywood.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Market Porter surely ?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
borough high st and the surrounding location for early beers. The Libertine on Great Suffolk St is a favourite, then up Borough high st with a marvellous selection of real ales on the way topped off with a chorizo bap from borough market and harveys in the market porter. then a stumble over the road and pop down to watch the mighty seagulls triumph.

and then who knows - more london frivolities or a quick 40 minute pop back down to the wells and more sat evening festivities.

Very much looking forward to this one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK perhaps Greenwich then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here