London
You never heard of a sickie?

Drink more, you'll feel fine.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Uncle Buck said:
Being invited to take part in a drinking the pub dry due to it closing down for a refurb is a bad idea, that is all.

You remember that pub I used to work in (the one you met me at when you stayed at mine in Crouch End). We had the pleasure of drinking it dry.....it took me a week to get over it!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
readingstockport said:
Did that once at a student union bar. It was carnage the next day. :drink:

I seem to have also acquired one of pubs pool trophy's even though I cannot hit a pool ball and have memories of writing the words from the first 2 verses of GOSBST on the pub wall with a marker pen.

Jack Daniels and Sambucca does not work either.

However Baileys and Southern Comfort had a certain charm to it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Drinking a Pub Dry

Arthur said:
You remember that pub I used to work in (the one you met me at when you stayed at mine in Crouch End). We had the pleasure of drinking it dry.....it took me a week to get over it!

The one with the free pizzas?

I think having done my service to drinking pubs dry I will abstain from booze until I am 30....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Which pub?

I remember at the first NSC sponsored game we drunk the hospitality bar dry, mainly due to the prodigious intake of the legendary Lance (Cannarian Seagull). We thought we were helping the Albion but we discovered that all the bar profits went to Ecovert (I think) who were running the Stadium at the time.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Brovian said:
Which pub?

I remember at the first NSC sponsored game we drunk the hospitality bar dry, mainly due to the prodigious intake of the legendary Lance (Cannarian Seagull). We thought we were helping the Albion but we discovered that all the bar profits went to Ecovert (I think) who were running the Stadium at the time.

The Duke of Wellington near the station.

Oh and I have a memory of turbo shandy's.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Re: Re: Re: Drinking a Pub Dry

Uncle Buck said:
The one with the free pizzas?

I think having done my service to drinking pubs dry I will abstain from booze until I am 30....

That's the one.

The week it shut I did my normal job as well as working in the pub Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings. I didn't get home before 4am each morning.

On the Saturday we were at home to someone and I didn't wake up until 2:30, so ensued one of the most frantic car journeys back to Sussex I've ever been invovled in. Still made the second half if memory recalls.

Those were the days.....when I could get excited about going to the Albion!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
the Northern Tavern had one before it closed down (didnt go, cant stand the place)

hopefully it will reopen a better pub:drink: :drink:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
You 20somethings certainly have stamina. Saturday seemed to involve a 12 hour session in Stepney and Spitalfields interrupted by a 3 hour break at Upton Park. A regulation Saturday for the GDC I suppose.

Dandyman

In London village.
mona said:
You 20somethings certainly have stamina. Saturday seemed to involve a 12 hour session in Stepney and Spitalfields interrupted by a 3 hour break at Upton Park. A regulation Saturday for the GDC I suppose.

Nice curry, mind you.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Uncle Buck said:
I seem to have also acquired one of pubs pool trophy's even though I cannot hit a pool ball and have memories of writing the words from the first 2 verses of GOSBST on the pub wall with a marker pen.

Jack Daniels and Sambucca does not work either.

However Baileys and Southern Comfort had a certain charm to it.

my recollection of stupid drinks from last night was your
jd and sambuca
redstripe with midouri top
jd, brandy and coke with tuaca chaser
baileys, malibu and gin
redstripe and smirnoff ice turbo shandy's
half a bottle of pimms champagne and lemonade drunk out of a huge trophy
and the worst drink fosters twist

there is a huge "vote canning" in marker pen on the ceiling too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here