Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DRFC fan, HELP!

red-one

Jul 28, 2011
Hi, i'm coming to the game on 6th August, travelling down on Fri staying at Hilton in Newbury then on to Selsey Sat(staying at Westsands for week), however i'm having a nightmare trying to sort out arrangements for getting to the game. I booked a private drive in Hove and was hoping to get a taxi for the 5mile trip until i was quoted £35 return(is this the norm?), also looked at park&rides but some confussion as to wether they're available to away fans or not, website Q&A says yes but when i phoned Amex was told no!.
Be most grateful for any advice on best options as this really is starting to stress me out now. Don't suppose any of you guys have a drive i could rent for the day, in Falmer of course. Cheers here's to a cracking game, if ever i get there. :lolol:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
You've booked a private drive in hove?
Someone's renting their drive out?
Where on earth did you see that advertised?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Oh, you could always get a train from hove to Brighton then to falmer, falmer station is about 500yards from the ground. Probably cost abbot £3 return

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Just get the train - taxi to Hove station if needed and then it's, what, 5 minutes to Brighton then 10 to the stadium?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
You have no chance of arenting a drive in Falmer itself, you may have more luck in Moulscoomb, which is walking distance but i wouldn't be too sure of still having a car when you get back :lolol:

Seriously though the P&R have always been available to away fans and i dont think that will ever change.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Would i be able to get a train direct from Hove to Falmer?.

Change at Brighton, , one stop from hove to Brighton , change trains then one stop from Brighton to falmer
Eeeeze peeeezy

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hi, i'm coming to the game on 6th August, travelling down on Fri staying at Hilton in Newbury then on to Selsey Sat(staying at Westsands for week), however i'm having a nightmare trying to sort out arrangements for getting to the game. I booked a private drive in Hove and was hoping to get a taxi for the 5mile trip until i was quoted £35 return(is this the norm?), also looked at park&rides but some confussion as to wether they're available to away fans or not, website Q&A says yes but when i phoned Amex was told no!.
Be most grateful for any advice on best options as this really is starting to stress me out now. Don't suppose any of you guys have a drive i could rent for the day, in Falmer of course. Cheers here's to a cracking game, if ever i get there. :lolol:

A bit confusing, but if you are going to Selsey on Saturday morning, just drive from there to Chichester (about 15 minutes by car). Plenty of parking around Chichester station and get a train to Brighton...then Falmer.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

what an odd little tale! did you rent somebody's drive especially for the football? the club are running park and ride sites so you could, erm, park there. or park your car on the street like the rest of the world and then catch a train.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
And travel early. There will be 20 odd thousand others trying to get there and trains/buses/roads will be busy.

red-one

Jul 28, 2011
You've booked a private drive in hove?
Someone's renting their drive out?
Where on earth did you see that advertised?

Sorry unable to post link due to lack of posts.

parkatmyhouse.com, parkonmydrive.com, rentmyspace.net

albionite

May 20, 2009
Unless you're loaded, do not get a taxi. Will cost you around £4 just to get in it. There are buses and trains that will take you to the amex.
Not sure if individual travel vouchers have been announced yet, but you might be able to get to the ground and back for just £1

Last edited:

red-one

Jul 28, 2011
The park&ride would be the best option as train from Chichester £48(family of 4). How do i get the travel vouchers required to use this service though?.

red-one

Jul 28, 2011
what an odd little tale! did you rent somebody's drive especially for the football? the club are running park and ride sites so you could, erm, park there. or park your car on the street like the rest of the world and then catch a train.

Yes and more, oh to be a football fan!.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The park&ride would be the best option as train from Chichester £48(family of 4). How do i get the travel vouchers required to use this service though?.

On the Q & A it does say they're available for away fans, but I have no idea how you get them. It will probably be best to contact the club directly (when they're not busy selling tickets).

http://Travel Q & A

If the cost of hiring the drive is refundable, then there is some alternatives that wont cost you anything :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=20482]red-one[/MENTION] - what have your lot been told with regard to transport and parking etc?

There's nothing on your official site at all - has communication been issued by another method?

I'm interested to see what our club are doing to help away fans visit the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here