Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dragons Den

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone else watch this last night? They've replaced that borderline boiler bankrupt Rachel something, who at times obviously showed far too many signs of actually being a warm-blooded human being, with some awful sour-faced old reptilian witch with no such weaknesses. What a lemon-sucking hag she was.

That egg cooker thing was a bloody good idea, I'd actually consider buying one, especially if they managed to make one that worked. Back on fine form. Do women really NEED fluffy toilet seat covers?

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Yeah love the programme. How the hell did he manage to do 3 demonstrations all of which did not work, and still sell the Egg cooker? I guess because it was good idea at the end of the day!

The student chap who made the device that stops a bath overflowing was also good, but they made great points that it would be hard to market and there were doubts on the patent.

Agree with you that the woman is better than last years one, but did like the other guy who sort of looked like John Malkovich.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I do quite enjoy seeing terrible ideas and flatulently nervous descriptions. A series of sighs and shaking hands. Nothing glistens for either side and disappointment is one of television's finest canvasses.

I want to go on their to advertise a portly wife who just says no to exercise and lust. Perhaps a bigotted Jock would take her from my bruised hands and scar her into action or feed her to a dog-gibbon.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Man of Harveys said:
Anyone else watch this last night? They've replaced that borderline boiler bankrupt Rachel something, who at times obviously showed far too many signs of actually being a warm-blooded human being, with some awful sour-faced old reptilian witch with no such weaknesses. What a lemon-sucking hag she was.

DeVechhie was on Dragon's Den? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:nono:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
McShane79 said:
Yeah love the programme. How the hell did he manage to do 3 demonstrations all of which did not work, and still sell the Egg cooker? I guess because it was good idea at the end of the day!

The student chap who made the device that stops a bath overflowing was also good, but they made great points that it would be hard to market and there were doubts on the patent.

Agree with you that the woman is better than last years one, but did like the other guy who sort of looked like John Malkovich.

The problem with the bath device was that most people would require a plumber to fit it which would be 2 or 3 times the cost of the actual device.
And the guy didn't know what he was talking about. He said he'd designed it as push-fit because you can't swing a spanner in the space behind a bath so compression fittings were out. Ever heard of a tap-wrench f***-nuts? They've been around a while.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meade's_Ball said:
I do quite enjoy seeing terrible ideas and flatulently nervous descriptions.
The first victim last night was magnificent - normally, at the first sign of nervousness in anyone appearing on telly, I HAVE to flick over before I vomit but it was revoltingly, self-hatingly compelling to watch that odd man breathe deeply and silently about his stupid little pub table Pacman-style monitor thing. It was like watching a public execution.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I really enjoy this program, proper TV in my book.

He got really lucky the guy with the boiled egg thing, and to get both of the Dragons on board even for 40% is a bloody good deal.

You can easily see that device looking abit more polished sitting on a shelf in an electrial store like Currys etc no problems.
They will mkae a fortune if they can get it working.

The new Australian guy looks like he knows an opportunity when its there.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think it is one of the few decent reality programmes out there. I like the fact that it is people with a real stake in what happens rather than just pricks humiliating themselves in anyway that is asked just to get on TV.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Rangdo said:
The problem with the bath device was that most people would require a plumber to fit it which would be 2 or 3 times the cost of the actual device.
And the guy didn't know what he was talking about. He said he'd designed it as push-fit because you can't swing a spanner in the space behind a bath so compression fittings were out. Ever heard of a tap-wrench f***-nuts? They've been around a while.

Yeah good shout - I guess it was a good practical idea, but just not a huge money earner for the investment asked for.

The guy at the beginning was great wasn't he! He just totally cacked himself infront of the Dragons!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I love the fact that it's an intrinsically totally unfair set-up: the rich people - utterly needlessly - behave in a way that so obviously deserves a drawing pin in the eyeball, like a load of spoilt dilettantes, yet there are loads of people prepared to queue up with some awful crap to show off and beg for alms from them like medieval peasants at the castle gate. It's great.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Marshy said:
I really enjoy this program, proper TV in my book.

He got really lucky the guy with the boiled egg thing, and to get both of the Dragons on board even for 40% is a bloody good deal.

You can easily see that device looking abit more polished sitting on a shelf in an electrial store like Currys etc no problems.
They will mkae a fortune if they can get it working.

The new Australian guy looks like he knows an opportunity when its there.

Can see shelf loads of them being sold on shopping channels

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
McShane79 said:
Yeah good shout - I guess it was a good practical idea, but just not a huge money earner for the investment asked for.

The guy at the beginning was great wasn't he! He just totally cacked himself infront of the Dragons!

I thought that he should have incorporated it into a chair so that it folded out of the arm or something like the entertainment systems when you sit in the front row of plane. That way it would be in your lap rather than in the table in front of you.

It was a ridiculous idea though. Everything it did could most likely be done with a laptop at a fraction of the cost. And with a laptop you can sit back on the sofa and relax rather than leaning foward over the table.

Fascinating programme. Full of people with great ideas to solve problems that don't actually exist!
Most of them should stick to a nice safe employed position (if there is such a thing these days) and not even THINK about going into business on there own, let alone with one - or even two - of those sharks in Dragon's clothing!

And some great examples in how to not make presentations.

Or am I being an old cynic ???

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Egg cooker inventor just demonstrated the prototype on the ITV news and it worked - though it did look like he was shitting himself when he cracked open the egg to prove the invention on live TV.

Good luck to him. I hope he makes a bit of money from his invention.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Enjoyed it last night , good entertainment from the downright silly to the actually half decent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here