Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dragons den

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The 27 year old from Portsmouth with her London taxi driving board game who was humiliated by them on the last series not only has the number one selling board game at Hamleys in London but has produced versions for every major city in the UK (including a Brighton edition now on sale in WH Smiths) and also has plans for versions to sell in every major city worldwide. Oh those dragons sure know a duff product when they see it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Great programme:clap:

However, that bloke (name escapes me - Peter?) has just been conned out of 75 grand for a company seeling stuff for babies? Jesus

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've watched all of this series. Great viewing.

I haven't watched much of the previous series but I have a question.

Does Duncan Bannatyne (the Scottish Dragon who has a string of health clubs) ever invest in anything? I haven't seen him interested in anything yet!

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Remember the guy with the sideburns last year? Simon Woodroffe? Who invested in that kid with the idea about the truffles in France?

Haven't seen Duncan invest in anything yet and can't remember Doug Richards investing either.

Come on Dick Knight, you should go into the Den with your pitch for investment in the club.

Methinks he'd be ripped apart!!

:lolol:

Got the Australian version out here too, has been running a for a few weeks now...love it when they catch ppl out fudging figures on the spot :lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Love it.

I thought they sent that guy trying to sell his Elite muscle toning product home feeling a prat. Turning up in jeans and a shirt hanging out as if he was out clubbing. Nice one. Also didn`t even want to tell them how much his company turned over last year great business sense eh.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Could someone tell me what that first bloke was trying to get them to invest in? It looked like a computer placed inside a carrycase. What the hell did it do?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Could someone tell me what that first bloke was trying to get them to invest in? It looked like a computer placed inside a carrycase. What the hell did it do?

That was first class!

"People don't want to have one hand on a mouse and another on a DVD player!"

Hang on a minute. My laptop plays DVDs. It also stores files and displays them.

?????

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Cheeky Monkey said:
The 27 year old from Portsmouth with her London taxi driving board game who was humiliated by them on the last series not only has the number one selling board game at Hamleys in London but has produced versions for every major city in the UK (including a Brighton edition now on sale in WH Smiths) and also has plans for versions to sell in every major city worldwide. Oh those dragons sure know a duff product when they see it.

Also the femail dragon from last year went bust (pardon), it might be good TV but it isn't much else ...

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Just remembered another belter from last night; That bloke who had invented a brand new revolutionary combustion engine. He brings in a model of it, claims it will make cars run forever on a gallon of petrol or something. When the dragons display some sceptisim about his claims he brings in an expert witness to tell them about how great it is.

He then reveals that the thing broke down after 10 minutes.

No sale!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Felt sorry for the bloke last week with the invention to save water by making the loo flush for only as long as you hold down the handle.

He was a bit of a Yorkshire twat, but they all sat their giggling like little kids at the idea of having to look in the toilet.

They couldn't see any market for it all which suggests they're a bit out of touch with reality. Water costs a fortune on a meter, aside from the fact it would be good for the environment.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
trueblue said:
Felt sorry for the bloke last week with the invention to save water by making the loo flush for only as long as you hold down the handle.

He was a bit of a Yorkshire twat, but they all sat their giggling like little kids at the idea of having to look in the toilet.

They couldn't see any market for it all which suggests they're a bit out of touch with reality. Water costs a fortune on a meter, aside from the fact it would be good for the environment.

water is cheaper on a meter (unless you have 12 kids)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It was cracking last night - they were scathing. Bit surprised they bit at the baby/Tupperware party thing. Maybe they're all getting broody.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Saw it for the first time last night, brilliant!!!!!!!!

Will watch next week now!!!!!!!

:flameboun

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzza said:
Does Duncan Bannatyne (the Scottish Dragon who has a string of health clubs) ever invest in anything? I haven't seen him interested in anything yet!

True. Although he's Father bloody Christmas in generosity and warmth of spirit compared to the Yo Sushi bloke they had last series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here