Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Who - Is it just me.............?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Which shows the awful clunking dialogue that RTD used to inflict on us.

yes - along with all the "oooh doctor you are so amazing but i wont tell you. please let me suck you off" bollocks

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
later he tells the weeping angels that if you want to see tomorrow, if you want to survive he is the one thin you never ever put in a box*

*Trap actually but I agree with the rest of your post. You should also mention Graham Norton muscling in again as the Dr was saying that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE

So, River is Amy & Rory's daughter eh....so then we can assume that she grows up to be the strange regenerating little girl we saw a few weeks ago, and also presumably the astronaut who kills the Doctor (although why, I'm not sure). I actually really enjoyed last night's episode, and its now an annoyance that I have to wait until Autumn to see where it goes. Also, the fact that the first episode of the second half of the series is to be called "Let's Kill Hitler" rather intrigues me too.....

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE

So, River is Amy & Rory's daughter eh....so then we can assume that she grows up to be the strange regenerating little girl we saw a few weeks ago, and also presumably the astronaut who kills the Doctor (although why, I'm not sure). I actually really enjoyed last night's episode, and its now an annoyance that I have to wait until Autumn to see where it goes. Also, the fact that the first episode of the second half of the series is to be called "Let's Kill Hitler" rather intrigues me too.....

That was a good call of yours with the River/Pond connection.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There are certainly a lot of questions to be answered:

- Who is River Song?
- Who is in the spacesuit?
- What's the deal with the strange regenerating little girl?
- Who is the woman with the eyepatch?
-WHO CARES
- Is Amy pregnant?

To name but 5....I suspect the answers to some of those will link and overlap, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing where it all goes.

I think there's something going on with some kind of water theme: Amy POND, RIVER Song, FISH fingers and custard (from The Eleventh Hour), Joe The FISH (mentioned repeatedly in The Impossible Astronaut), then the comment from last night about "the only WATER in the forest is the RIVER". Perhaps even going back to the duckpond in Leadworth in The Eleventh Hour ("How do you know its a duckpond if there aren't any ducks?"). I could be barking up the wrong tree there, but who knows...

sorry but this Dr Who is shite .........maybe we were spoiled by the last one EH!

Particularly enjoyed the filthy lesbian joke they managed to slip in under the radar last night.

Missed it (the joke I mean). Did enjoy the episode for its chutzpah in getting his enemies (and friends - don't remember where the big blue guy came from?) together to fight with him and the .

Thought that the Sontaran "nurse" was highly amusing especially when it offered to feed the baby. As for the regenerating girl, could she be a product of Riversong and the Doctor? I thought that the girl soldier in last night's episode was going to turn out to be his other "daughter" from a few series back as presumably she is floating around in the universe somewhere waiting for another episode.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Missed it (the joke I mean).

Going from my memory, there was a clear suggestion that the lizard lady and her maid were a couple, and when the soldier is trying to sneak to the door lock, the maid says something like "I wonder what I see in you sometimes", and the lizard lady uses her really really long tongue to knock out the soldier from across the room and then the two women just look at each other.

I didn't like the reveal. It was obvious and an unnecessary addition to a perfectly good character in river song. I always feel a little disappointed when a popular theory among fans turns out to be true, there's a certain disappointment that the professional writers are no cleverer than the average viewer/reader.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Last nights episode was amazing. There's been a couple of misses this season, but when it's been bang on it's produced some of the best stuff ever in my book. Loved last nights monster fest and the twist and the reveal. Excellent story telling, great acting, superb humour. 10/10.

Simply cannot wait for 'Let's Kill Hitler'.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The tongue thing wasn't the only lesbian reference. There was the whole "believe me, she's not a boy" "ooh stop it" bit near the end. All a bit Carry On, but I suppose the lesbian gags make a change from all the gay gags Russell T Lady snuck in.

I thought there would be more a curveball in the mid-season finale, but I guess they'd made everything leading up to it so confusing they had to go for the simple reveal (the one that people have been suggesting for ages).

Still the worst series of New Who by far. They should kick Moffat to the kerb if they don't want to get axed in my opinion, but I then suppose confusing bollocks (eg Lost) is the sort of shit people lap up these days. They seem to have forgotten Dr Who is supposed to be a kid's show though.

.................. They seem to have forgotten Dr Who is supposed to be a kid's show though.

That about sums it up, enjoyable thought it is. They need to get back to the middle ground between the current stuff and "lets get UNIT to shoot at the aliens, find out that conventional weapons don't kill them, really annoy them and then get the Doctor to sort it out" of my (distant) childhood. Something pitched around "The Empty Child" or "Impossible Planet" level.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A bit odd really,no idea really who shoots/kills the Dr in the first episode ? also, when did Rory get his superpowers as regards deflecting ray guns with his Roman sword ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmm.....I didn't really like last nights episode that much.....wasted the Cybermen with a 30 second appearance...granted some of the allies were good such as the Silurian and the Sontaran but it dragged terribly after the first 25 minutes or so, the 'big reveal' was nothing special and there was nothing of the promised cliffhanger. Moffatt was a much better writer when he wsn't the showrunner IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here