Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Who - Is it just me.............?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's a shame that not one of you mention Neil Gaiman, the writer of aforementioned "The Doctors Wife" - possibly the single most intelligent writer ever to have graced Doctor Who. "!The Doctors Wife" has become my all-time favourite Doctor Who episodes, of all time. Even beats "The girl in the fireplace".

Can't argue with that.

It's certainly one of the best I've ever, ever seen. Loved the f***ed-up Tardis corridor bit. Especially the old 'roundals' on the wall. Lovely touch.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Of course a talking TARDIS is nothing new...

Many of the Eighth Dr adventures (published by BBC books) had a talking tardis as his companion. c 1999/2000

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That HATE AMY, AMY DIE stuff was rather creepy.

Who wrote the storyline with the statues that move when you're not looking - that was one of my favs ever too.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
That HATE AMY, AMY DIE stuff was rather creepy.

Who wrote the storyline with the statues that move when you're not looking - that was one of my favs ever too.
It was called 'blink' but I can't remember who wrote it. That one gave my daughter nightmares for about a week as she was scared that the angels would come into her room when she went to sleep. Proper 'hide behind the sofa' stuff.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
It was called 'blink' but I can't remember who wrote it. That one gave my daughter nightmares for about a week as she was scared that the angels would come into her room when she went to sleep. Proper 'hide behind the sofa' stuff.

That was a Moffat one, wasn't it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Steven Moffat wrote Blink (the first appearance of the angels with David Tennant and Carey Mulligan), he also wrote the two part in the last series 'Time of the Angels' and 'Flesh and Stone'

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Steven Moffatt wrote Blink and last season's Weeping Angels 2 parter as well. A combination of Moffatt and Gaiman is as close to perfection as you can get, IMHO.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Steven Moffat wrote Blink (the first appearance fo the angels with David Tennant and Carey Mulligan), he also wrote the two part in the last series 'Time of the Angels' and 'Flesh and Stone'

That ^

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Trevor Eve's criticism was entirely sour grapes. He said that there was too much populism in TV in general, but this quote is hilarious;

To accuse the BBC (with all of the complete rubbish it puts out on BBC Three in the name of being 'edgy') of chasing the money across it's output is ridiculous. The Telegraph article on this topic is brilliant, because it prints his criticism, and then casually inserts this sentence...

So Doctor Who has a lot of money spent on it, is extremely popular, and still makes a profit for the Beeb. How on earth can that be criticised?

Incidentally, I used to love Waking the Dead, but unfortunately it quickly reduced itself down to Trevor Eve becoming more and more enraged and weird with no logic, until suddenly he was proved right at the end of the show. It was incredibly formulaic.

O.k.,O.K.I will have to admit to being in a tiny minority on this one.
Have never been a fan and neither have my children.However,I can claim to have had Katy Manning as one of my friends when we were very young.She played Jo I think.Now lives in Australia I believe!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Moff also said that Trevor Eve's salary would be one of the highest ever paid to star in Dr Who. So double standards at play.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
O.k.,O.K.I will have to admit to being in a tiny minority on this one.
Have never been a fan and neither have my children.However,I can claim to have had Katy Manning as one of my friends when we were very young.She played Jo I think.Now lives in Australia I believe!

I met Katy a few of months back - I was filming a DVD extra for one of the classic stories that'll be out later in the year, she lives in London I believe and does a lot of directing now.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

As a rule of thumb, if it's brilliant and creepy as hell, it's Steven Moffatt.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know nothing about all the geekyness, so I'll contribute to the thread in my own way:

rosetyler.jpg

karen-gillan-amy-pond-300x225.jpg

georgia_moffett014.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here