Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Downer thread - breast cancer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I missed this thread originally but I'm pleased to see all the indications are that it's going well. If I'd seen it, I would have pointed out that four of my friends have had breast cancer and all four made a full recovery.

The one thing I will say is that she has you standing by her. That really isn't a given - a large number of husbands take the opportunity to leave their wives after a cancer diagnosis - about 20% according to some research (wives very rarely leave their husbands in similar cicrumstances). It happened to two of my above-mentioned friends - one of them had a partner who not only left her but threw her (and their two daughters) out the house, which was in his sole name.

It's clear that you care deeply about your wife and that's almost as valuable to her as all the treatment. Good luck with it.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I missed this thread originally but I'm pleased to see all the indications are that it's going well. If I'd seen it, I would have pointed out that four of my friends have had breast cancer and all four made a full recovery.

The one thing I will say is that she has you standing by her. That really isn't a given - a large number of husbands take the opportunity to leave their wives after a cancer diagnosis - about 20% according to some research (wives very rarely leave their husbands in similar cicrumstances). It happened to two of my above-mentioned friends - one of them had a partner who not only left her but threw her (and their two daughters) out the house, which was in his sole name.

It's clear that you care deeply about your wife and that's almost as valuable to her as all the treatment. Good luck with it.
Thanks. I can't imagine what sort of person leaves their partner under those circumstances. SMH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here